Yawn Yawn Yawn
God I'm bored.
I want an i-Pod. The cool new U-2 edition black i-Pod. To that end, I want more money to spend on whatever I want. How it's possible to make the income I do and never have expendable income completely escapes me.
I want my friends to post on their blogs more. Or, more accurately, I wish my friends were as bored as I am so they would post on their blogs more and entertain me. I want more friends to have blogs. I'd accept more comments on my blog - just something to hold me over until there's new stuff to read.
I want my MAC discount card - there are exciting mini-collections arriving in stores. I love a good mini-collection - you know the things, the little palettes or bags filled with smaller versions of seven eyeshadows or lipsticks or paints or glitter or anything. It's seven smaller versions of things I don't need, but I can't commit to just one shade of anything, so I love the idea of a variety for $20. I tend to go overboard and end up with more stuff than I could or would ever use. The reason for the no-expendable-income thing is starting to come into focus....
I want to go to Urban Outfitters or Hot Topic and buy something horrifyingly trashy to wear to Rocky Horror on Friday.
I hesitate to do so because besides the people from my show, one of my fellow case managers (Jim, the aforementioned rocking coworker) and the law clerk from downstairs (Sarathi, who has been here for months and only recently did I discover that he rocks as well) are going to the show with me and it might be weird to be a total trashbasket with them there.
I am coming to realize that these two personalities, the wacky theatre girl who wants to wear wrist cuffs and fishnets, and the career woman in conservative skirts and sensible shoes, are getting closer and closer to merging, and someday I'm going to have to let it happen. Not to the extent of wearing fishnets to work (hi, i'm fired), but to the extent of seeing more people I work with showing up at shows, hearing me sing, seeing me in awkward costumes, asking me about my extracurriculars, etc. (I do normally keep that "don't hang with coworkers" rule strictly in place, but Jim and Sarathi are cool.)
Hmm...this stopped being random and took a turn for the linear. How dull.
I want to not post as much, because of the law of diminishing returns - the more frequent and verbose my posts get, I think the less people are inclined to actually read them. It's becoming more apparent that I'm only doing this for me, and I am being a self-focused brat. But I knew that.
So, to return to randomness and attempt to not be focused on self:
Jason makes me happy; Billy makes me laugh; Jen makes me think and uses big science words I don't understand and feel compelled to look up, thereby making me a better person; Eric is a quick-thinker, very witty; I last saw Luerne, I think, in June and that is far too long to go without a Luerne fix, because she is superfun; Jessi's getting an epidural today to help with her back pain, and I hope it does because she's my best friend and I want her happy and pain-free; Sarah and I are going to Universal tomorrow which is awesome because Sarah is one of those rare people, fun and bubbly without being annoying; I keep thinking that I really really want to get together with my Picasso friends again, and I miss Stephanie a lot; and Friday can't come soon enough because the Snoopy cast is so cool and they all make me laugh.
Yay, my happy is cool people!


3 Comments:
enjoyed your blog....I'm a fellow thespian.....*grin*
thanks for the entertaining read....
itsallreal.blogspot.com
For the record, I love you blog. I check it like five times a day, so it works out very well for me that you are a fan of multi blogging. That's all I got. And Snoopy rocks! =]
I agree with Jen on all counts. When I have the chance to check your blog I check it many times. YAY FOR COMING TO UNIVERSAL! ASK FOR MY BOAT! I'll save you from a giganto shark later. I'm told that makes for great bonding.
Post a Comment
<< Home