Tuesday, November 09, 2004

mmmm....pita.....


There's a new food joint downtown, The Pita Pit. Now, normally I would eschew any place with the word "pit" in the name, because inserting "pit" into a restaurant name is a bad business decision and who can trust a restaurant where these sorts of bad choices are made? But this place rocked - I had a tasty falafel pita, which was my first falafel, marking the first of what will be many treks into what I will affectionately term "The Falafel Zone", so named because...well, because falafel is a very funny word, and "The Falafel Zone" is funny to me. Say it out loud a few times. Falafel. Falafel. Funny, no? I think maybe I'll open a restaurant and call it The Falafel Zone. But I don't think I'll serve falafel. So when people come in, they'll complain that we don't serve falafel, and then I'll ask them, "But if we HAD falafel, would you order it?" And they'll say no, because no one really ever orders falafel. But my restaurant will close down within weeks because everyone will THINK we only serve falafel, and they won't come. Even if Scott Joseph from the Sentinel comes and reviews my restaurant and says "Hey, you should eat at The Falafel Zone, where they don't really have falafel, because the Asian fusion cuisine that actually is served at The Falafel Zone is quite delicious," still no one would come because no one gives a damn what Scott Joseph thinks anyway. You'd think he'd have figured that out by now. So what have we learned? Don't name your restaurant anything having to do with falafel, and Scott Joseph is a tool.

And, scene.

So yeah, good food at The Pita Pit. My pita was a mere $4.25. (Remember that $4.25 smoothie? Yeah, this was much more acceptable.)

That was really supposed to be "Hey, I had tasty cheap food at this place, check it out." And look what it turned into. I like my blog too much.

Good karma in my direction, please - today I have my appointment with the oral surgeon to determine how close I am to my surgery. I'm hoping I can get it over with at a time that is convenient for me and he's not going to be a jerk about my schedule and demand that I quit La Mancha and have the surgery in January or something. I will tear these braces off right now, so help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home