Friday, January 13, 2006

A Plug, A Happy, And Disclosure Buried In There Somewhere

We open tonight! Yeah, Friday the 13th openings. And I deal with lots of fire. I'm trying not to think about how well that does not bode. Last night's preview was something short of spectacular, but there weren't any major errors. I just kinda sucked. But that's okay, I'll work out the posture, the blocking, the volume, the stiffness, and the wardrobe malfunctions by tonight.

There is not anything better than waking up, curling up to Travis, pulling the dogs up with us and snuggling all up together in that wonderfully cuddly blanket Travis got me for Christmas. Why oh why do I have to get up and go to work five out of seven times?

I took that blanket with us to Taos. Travis put it in a garbage bag and sucked all the air out of it so we could pack it - a king-sized fuzzy blanket is not exactly travel-friendly. But when we got there, it wasn't a very handy blanket to have because it's so dry out there and it created the most heinous static electricity.

Here's the deal, for anyone who got concerned or curious. I don't have cancer. But I don't NOT have cancer either. So that's the whole "go to the doctor" PSA you got yesterday. It's not a major concern as of yet, but to be on the safe side I am having some areas of my cervix blasted with nitrogen. Better to be safe than sorry. Not usually my motto (screw safe, safe's no fun) but when it comes to cancer, I think it's probably the way to go. So, you see, if the doc hadn't caught it early, who knows what kind of trouble I could have ended up in. Go to your doctor.

So as I was saying, static electricity--is that not the ickiest thing? I HATE electric shocks, even the little ones. The worst were the little nose zaps we'd get when we kissed - nothing worse than being punished for kissing a handsome man.

In closing - come see my show. You can get more information on Moonlight's website. It definitely doesn't totally suck. Layne's in a frilly dress. I might light someone on fire. Travis might hit his head on one of his cymbals and make Melissa jump a little again. Tom wears leaves on his face. And occasionally forgets to zip up. Rainey has this adorable Disney moment that I love watching, when I can get into the wings in time. I wear increasingly complex eye makeup. Billy acts from a special place I can't ever get to, someplace where emotions are on shelves like spices and he can just grab whichever one he needs quick like that and snap from sad to angry to weeping in whatever time frame you need. Tracy has one of the best screams I've ever heard and doesn't quite pull off dowdy because she's just too damned beautiful even without makeup. And Eric's pants are funny. I mean, fall-down-wet-yourself funny.

And the show stars all those talented people. Not a whole cast full of Alysons in varying shapes and sizes. See, Eric had a dream that Jan quit as director, put Travis in charge, and he promptly fired everyone in the show and had a whole bunch of Alysons to play each part.

In my dreams, I give Eric a hippo and throw him from a plane. He puts me on stage in every role. We have an interesting dynamic here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home