I'm Like The Anti-Zoolander
Why oh WHY did we have to add a very complicated (for me) dance to the finale of Into The Woods? Granted, the number looks great (when performed by actual dancers) and is very cute...but it's not really the right time in the show for cute, for one thing, and for another, well...I'm dancetarded. I cannot (CANNOT) work out complex vocal harmonies with 47 other people while trying to remember the 112 words that fall inside of nine seconds while staying in character AND dance a little jig while connecting with the audience and not look like I'm just doing my damndest to remember it all.
And I can't turn right.
Though I do remain convinced that the show is going to rock socks. Eventually. (Before opening.) And poor poor DanDan The Music Man...I've never actually seen him slump over the keyboard with his head buried in the score - we were either disastrous or boring the hell out of him last night.
In other news....Brodie.
Turns out I am not good with puppies. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a puppy-kicker, I'm not abusive, I'm just clueless and easily frustrated. I love him to death, he's the cutest little thing...but the floor pooping is a problem for me. (Who knew?) I have this theory that the Christmas tree is confusing him, because he seems to only do his bidness right there beneath the tree...maybe he thinks he stepped outside momentarily? And he is determined to do it. I caught him trying this morning, and I yelled "No!"...so he ran to the other side of the tree and tried again. This went on for three laps around the tree before I managed to get a hold of him and drag him outside, pretty much entirely too late. On the bright side, he has learned his name. And while "Brodie, come" doesn't have any meaning for him yet, he does at least have the courtesy to stop and look at whoever called his name before running away. I'm looking forward to finishing his shots and neutering so we can get him into puppy school.
I have not had time to sit down and watch the DVD of the Kennedy Center Candide starring Patti Lupone and Kristin Chenoweth that coworker Jim got me for Christmas, and I'm getting antsy about it.
Oh, final news that will forever confirm my nerdiness, as if that bit about Candide didn't handle that...the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra is coming to Orlando on April 7 with Vladimir Feltsman, who will be performing Rachmaninoff's Piano Concert No. 3, my most favourite music piece of all time (and one of the most difficult pieces in the world.) Tickets are a whopping $85, which does not deter me one bit. I will be the first person to ever arrive at a concert hall three hours early to wait for the doors to open so I can rock out to an orchestra.


2 Comments:
Yeah, of course, that's what I meant. Errrr....right idea, wrong city entirely.
Candide at some dead president-related concert hall.
:-)
Hey! This is "Cute Boy" from Jeff's blog. I do have an actual name though. Anyways, count me in for the Rachmaninoff concert if you want a date. That music is the soundtrack of my life!
Post a Comment
<< Home