Thank You For Letting Me Create Memories within Your Walls
I am officially done moving. This week.
We wrapped up and were in bed by 2:00 a.m. Yeah, today rules.
Moving out of that house is kind of like writing the last chapter in a book I've been working on for a while. That house was so many things that are just memories now. It was Protocol Services, and my parents living nearby. It was Oscar parties and Poker Night. It was a decision to return to theatre, it was a place for a read-through or a post-cast-party crashing pad. It was my surgery, my recovery, and my late night experience with a criminal on the run. It was 25 pounds of weight loss and the first furniture I ever bought that didn't come from a garage sale or have to be put together with tools "provided in the enclosed pouch". It was Jason. And then, it was New Year's Eve and my birthday and yesterday and all the days in between.
There's a lot of happiness wrapped up in those walls, and I just hope it translates for its new family.
And I am, once again, so lucky to have this hardworking person in my life - how on earth would I have moved otherwise? Who helps you move a PIANO at midnight on a weeknight?! Just stupid, stupid, stupid lucky, that's all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home