Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Not-In-The-Least-Bit Rude Awakening

I'm very tired today. My final sleep (after a practice run) was slow in coming and sporadic at best, and ended far too soon. But everything up to the sleeping made for a quite nice evening.

Last night was supposed to be spent studying and packing. Studying. Packing. These are the things I need to do.

But I went to Honda and Yamaha at Travis' insistence...and by insistence, I mean he called and casually said, "Hey, I'm driving past Honda, wanna meet me up here and try out a few bikes?" and I was there by the time he finished the next sentence. I perused my options and settled on a 250 four-stroke. I'm still not quite decided in the struggle of Yamaha vs. Honda, although I'm leaning toward Honda...but something will be purchased in a few weeks, and I'm hoping for a better deal. Then it was dinner with Travis (I do love our talks), and then...well, I actually did manage to get some studying done for about an hour, after which the sleepytime practice run came into play - it really qualified more as a nap until a late hour. But I'm not about to complain about my night...and I do have the whole weekend to sort things out.

Speaking of sorting things out...it's nice to get things off your chest sometimes, let something roll off your tongue just to see how it sounds, to comfort and reassure yourself, if no one else. I don't know how much good it's done anyone but me...I don't know how much good it's done me yet...but no one knows me as the girl who doesn't really speak her mind much, now, do they? Then I keep thinking back and wondering if I've perhaps done damage in some way...but I like to not think in such terms...

I'm looking forward to my Religion class tonight. Wish I'd remembered any of the materials I'd need for class. Adjusting to being a student again is proving challenging.

I'm even moreso looking forward to taking a trip to North Carolina with Travis, if that pans out. I've seen my parents fairly recently on their own individual trips down here, but I haven't actually seen the two of them at the same time since last Christmas. And I'm planning a much more pleasant and much less breakup-y trip this time.

Hey Laura? Love ya. Just thought you should know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Lamba said...

Thank you! I needed that!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home