Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

There are few moments worse for any vegetarian than when you're sitting at dinner chatting and laughing and you look down at the sauce you've been dipping your calzone in for a while now and see chunks of beef. I guess after 14 years, I don't even register a flavour. I figure since I was dipping and not scooping, I must not have gotten any big pieces...thank God.

Still, don't worry - I didn't keep any of my dinner.

God what a vile moment, that dread, feeling violated and at the same time certain that you're going to be violently ill soon. And Travis felt (needlessly) terrible for not asking whether the calzone came with meat sauce. But honestly! Do you put meat sauce on pizza? NO! So why in hell would you serve meat sauce with a calzone? Who even thinks to ask these questions? Sigh.

Any old way...things are moving along at a decent rate. Thank heavens for Travis and his truck and his endless patience and thoughtful nature...otherwise I'd just probably end up burning all my stuff in the backyard. (Here once again is where we can insert my ramblings about how great he is and how lucky I am...anyone sick of that yet? Not me...)

Hard to believe in 48 hours, that won't be my house anymore. Thursday afternoon cannot come fast enough.

When it's all over and I have that money in hand, you know what I'm going to do?

I'm going to pay off my credit cards and take a nap.

I live in the fast lane, baby. Move aside.

1 Comments:

Blogger tm said...

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who gets violently ill after having some sort of meat-related substance introduced into my body after my 12-year-meatlessness

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home