Subtlety Is A Waste Of Time
Today I'm happy because Travis told me a story from his Sociology class...when asked who thinks they have a good man, about eleven of the over twenty women in the class tentatively raised their hands. (What's wrong with them? My hand would have shot up so fast, I'd have fallen out of my chair.) When asked how many men felt they had a good woman, Travis' hand was the first in the air - emphatically. (Yes, it's his own retelling, so he conceivably could be full of it...but somehow I really do picture him kind of bouncing up and down in his chair kind of like Arnold Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter, shouting "Oooh, ooooh, me!")
In other news, I love when he gets home from class and tells me all about it and we laugh and discuss...I'm so glad we're both back in school.
That was the less obvious happy. But wait! There's more!
Remember how I was all "Screw this, I'm not auditioning for anything" and then I was all "Man, I need a show to do"? Well, yesterday I got one email and one phone call from two separate people with inquiries, both parts I would enjoy doing and might actually be able to swing with my schedule (one class and one super-cute sweetie of a beau). So, that brings September's total of "Hey, can you do this show" contacts to three. Audition total: zero. Kinda neat, huh? One's just one of two little cameo-type roles, for No Sex, Please, We're British at Bay Street - it's still up in the air, but if it ends up being me and the other girl (who called to ask me if I'd do it), it will be a hoot and a half.
The other role, however, is for Some Enchanted Evening, the Rodgers & Hammerstein revue that Bay Street is putting up for the holiday season. Okay, I acknowledge that I cannot stand Rodgers & Hammerstein. (Last night, I sang right along to a song I've never heard before in my life - that's how mundane and basic I find their music to be. But I guess one can make the argument that it seems like the standard musical theatre song because they are the pair that created the standard musical song sound. Whatever.) Anyway, I love to sing and I love to not have to act real hard, and so a revue is a wonderful thing. Assuming I can get everything worked out with my schedule (I'd be missing some pretty important World Religion classes...oh, and the final exam), I'll hopefully be taking that project on.
And I know you're all worried, but now that I live in Groveland, the path to Bay Street takes me right past Travis' house. So I will still get to see him pretty much daily. That's so sweet - thank you for your concern.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home