Chanel Explains Decision On Moss's Contract
New York - A representative of Chanel's perfume division recently made a statement to the press about the decision to not renew the contract of waifish supermodel Kate Moss, who has been the face of Coco Mademoiselle perfume since 2002.
Moss, 31, is under heavy fire since allegations of drug abuse arose last week. Moss, mother to two year-old daughter Lily, was caught on videotape snorting cocaine. The pictures broke in the London Mirror late last week. She has since admitted to the drug use. Allegations have since arisen that she engaged in a three-way sexual encounter with Jude Law and ex-wife Sadie Frost, though the model has not addressed these allegations.
Sweden-based clothing giant H&M has announced plans to drop the model from its upcoming Stella McCartney fall line launch, and cosmetics company Rimmel is said to be reviewing its options.
Chanel Vice President of Fragrances Terrence Fairyweather claimed on Wednesday that Ms. Moss's contract would be allowed to expire at the end of October. He claimed that the drug use had nothing to do with Chanel's decision to allow the contract to lapse.
"Please, I mean, it's FASHION, people. You can't possibly expect that we were going to hang on to her any longer than we already have! She's, like, THIRTY, for God's sake. And cocaine? I mean, gee, do ya THINK? She's scrawny, and look at that HAIR. It's limp, it's stringy...who ever had any doubt? Like we'd even CARE, so long as she looks okay in the makeup. And a three-way involving Jude Law? I WISH! Who's going to hold that against her, honestly? I mean...wow, right?!"
Fairyweather wrapped up his comments to a stunned press corps by stating, "No, honestly, we decided to cut her contract because Marketing sent up a memo noting that Kate Moss isn't even pretty. We hadn't really noticed...but yeah, she's kinda funny-looking."
In a related story, Chanel announced this morning that it has accepted the resignation of Terrence Fairyweather as Vice President of Fragrance and is seeking a replacement.
(AP)


3 Comments:
is that a real story?
That actually happened?
It sounds like something from The Onion...
Yeah, no, it's totally true. At least, it sounded true in my head. (And no, I did not steal from The Onion - all from my twisted noggin.)
You should be a writer for The Onion.
I heart your sense of humor.
And the naïveté that is the essence of me is still confused about how much, if any, of that story is true.
word verification:
qnvkg
Queen vs. King, who's the winner?
(I say Queen)
Post a Comment
<< Home