Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Well, At Least It Was A CUTE Whine, Right?

This is the sort of day when I have to confess to you that I really am obsessed with my daily weekday blog entry. Because I have nothing really worth blogging about. I was mostly beyond exhausted and worthless last night.

I looked at a house in Clermont, but I didn't like it. I'm just not a 1600-square-feet-of-blue-carpet-in-every-room kind of gal.

I had some digital photos printed for bulletin boarding and/or framing.

I went to Travis' and hung with Danielle for a bit while he did his totally-focused-dude-on-a-mission thing.

Then, I helped Travis put his new desk together. Let me explain to you what my version of "help" is, because I find it really is effective. Here's what I do. I lie on your bed for a while watching Sin City on DVD while you work. (To be fully useful, I will purchase the DVD for you first.) Then, I'll start to doze off. Eventually when you need help and you manage to wake me up, I'll stand there groggily and point at things. I'll hold something in place, and then I'll stand there looking confused about where I am and what I'm doing until you pick me up and carry me back to the bed - you will probably bang your knee on something in the process, and I'll quietly admire your strength and sweetness for putting up with my lazy ass. Then I will helpfully relent and ... go back to sleep, occasionally grunting, rolling over, and covering my head with a sheet while you bang on the desk (which, to be fair, needs to be done.) Then, when it's midnight and you're exhausted and finally ready to go to bed, I'll halfheartedly mumble something about needing to leave as you suggest I stop hogging the entire bed, and then barely resist when you gently nudge me over to one side. A few minutes later, just before you go to sleep, I'll start whining about the fact that I'm still in my jeans and you will, in the interest of saving time and just getting to SLEEP DAMMIT, assist me in getting more comfortable, since I am still fully clothed and somehow completely entangled in two different sheets.

Tell me I'm not the BEST little girlfriend-person in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home