Tell Me How These Numbers Make You Feel
I'm confused. One of Travis' courses at LSCC this semester is a Math Survey course. Now, when I took survey courses, that usually indicated that you would not be applying the subject. For example, in Theatre Survey, we just learned about general theatre around the world, but we didn't actually read anything or act anything out - it was just basically a history course.
So what does one do with "Math Survey"? Talk about numbers? Discuss word problems, but not actually venture to solve them? God I love Liberal Arts Math. (Math was never my strong suit - that was my only non-AP course my Senior year...well, except for Physics, which is also essentially math masquerading as a hard science. And I tried to drop AP Economics - there again, math disguising itself as social science - and the teacher rejected my plea...I'm still bitter.)
I had nothing to post today, but then the Bay Street Players Dolly Award nominations came out. While people are always bound to get left out (seriously, not to be a bitch or totally wax my own car, but I was pretty great in Noises Off, in my own humble opinion), the nods do look good this year! Yay for Todd, Josh, Jeff, Larry, Debbie, Ashley, Ben, Rick, Elizabeth, Maureen, and all my many friends! (Still...umm...hello? Was anyone WATCHING 1940s Radio Hour? Sarah French much? David Almeida?! That whole cast deserved nominations, because they were all fantastic. And Debbie Sussman nearly broke my heart in Blood Brothers...but it's always a tough call, and I know you can't nominate EVERYBODY.)
Now, I started to leave this as a comment on Jeff's blog, but I decided to plea my case here.
Where was the nod for The Clock? I mean, SERIOUSLY. Come on, I really thought I had a shot at Best Bit role. I don't know whether you would classify The Clock as female or male, but I was integral! Shame on the director (who was that again...?) for not submitting me for consideration! That's the only explanation - no way I was simply overlooked. Oh well...I guess I'll be skipping the awards this year. (Yes, I am that irritating person who only goes if there's a chance at a trophy. Actually, it's more because I basically and unfortunately had practically nothing to do with the theatre this year and it feels weird showing up for the banquet. And I have a wedding shower that afternoon...yeah, that's a good one.)
Tomorrow when Travis gets off work, we're going with his mom and sister to Daytona! We're staying in a nice (non-skeezy Daytona hotel) oceanfront room for the night and hitting the beach Sunday. I can't WAIT - I so enjoy that family. I need a vacation from not doing all the things I should be doing. Wait a minute...
I have a worry right now - as do a lot of good people. Apologies for the lack of explanation, but please put some general good karma out there and we'll hope it floats in the right direction.


2 Comments:
Yeah!
Me too!
Thanks for the kind words, Pud'N'Pop! I find that I am not too crushed by this. I would love to attend the ceremony nonetheless, but unfortunately I have 2 other commitments the same night. : (
Post a Comment
<< Home