Monday, August 15, 2005

Sir, We Have A Pressure Backup In Quadrant Six

Today I'm happy because I have a really spectacular weekend to look forward to - now if I could just blink and be done with this week!

Other than the extreme abuse my nose took on Sunday (I stopped counting after the second skull-to-the-nose incident,) I had a lovely weekend, thank you. We had such a BLAST yesterday at the ice-skating rink for David's birthday...I'm sure Jeff will have pictures up, so you can check that out at Mr. Lindberg's link. Let it be noted that Jeff and Sarah are two of the cutest people on ice, and Todd and Steven are still more adorable than words allow. And Travis was kind enough to tow me around the ice (I operate better when holding a cute boy's hand), so I reciprocated by giving him occasional laps to himself to show off.

Saturday night I got a massage from a friend of Travis' who just finished school and works very cheaply. And it was very good. Double-good because Travis went first, so I didn't have to drive home because Carla, being awesome like that, chastised him and said because I had just finished my massage, it was his obligation to do the driving. Love her!

Besides that, there was just lots of errand running, a bit of shopping (my excessively baggy clothes were getting me teased at work - time to accept the weight loss), some nice meals with the usual good company, et cetera. Oh, and a bit of practice at Halo.

As much as I enjoy the setting of my new home, I don't think I can continue to live there much longer. It's a lot like living in...oh, what's it called when things are kind of not what you're used to and...oh, 1972. Yeah, it's like living in 1972. I finally have a phone, but still can't have cable (just satellite - blech) or high speed internet. The washer my landlord sold me doesn't work (I'm waiting until I calm down to call him - he's a reverend, and I don't really want to scream at a man of God.) And the place desperately needs a water softener, because the water is just VILE.

Other than that, it really is nice...but I have a feeling if I don't find something a bit more modern, I'm going to end up way too close to living at the Johnson plantation (I'm treading dangerously near those waters already, now that I have no laundry facilities and have taken to mooching that as well), and they need me hanging around even more like a hole in the head. (I do take out the trash occasionally...so that's something...)

I got to see all sorts of wonderful people who make me happy this weekend, in addition to the usual joy of weekends spent having fun, being silly, and saying the same thing at the same time. (Like the phrase "every nanosecond". What are the odds of saying "every nanosecond" at the exact same time?) So, for the record...stuff: good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

gotta love Carla. Did you know she's my little sister? Long story..I'll tell ya sometime...Wait...I think I can sum it up for ya...Carrie...of Eric's past Carrie...That's her big sister.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home