A Day Of Statistical Anomalies
I put a load of pictures on the iBook yesterday - someday when I stumble across an open wireless port, I'll be able to upload them and inundate you with the 56 photographs now awaiting bloggage.
Not only have I made it to work in one hour during rush hour two days in a row (blessed clarity on 408 and Orange Ave.), but today I had another Frog Incident.
I may have one reader who's been with me from the beginning, so allow me to point your attention to my first ever post, the event that made me think, "You know, if I had a blog, this would definitely be entry-worthy." (Little did I know that after a while, I'd deem EVERYTHING entry-worthy.)
This morning I let Little Bit outside (on her leash, thank you very much - someone has lost freedom privileges) and once she did her business, I headed back inside. As I opened my front door, I felt something slap me on the top of the head. Then I saw it flop to the ground. I didn't have my lenses or glasses, so it took me a moment to realize that the thing that had somehow been clinging to the ceiling waiting to dive-bomb me was a little green frog.
Excuse me, I have to go boil my head now.
I really do not like frogs. I'm sure they're very cute and all, but once you've had one squished between your toes (aha, you didn't stop and read that original post, did you?), they sort of lose their charm. I unleashed a string of curses, shuffled the vile little critter (which had landed INSIDE my house, not on the porch) back outside, and hollered at Rupert and Charlotte for not looking out for me. (Rupert and Charlotte are two enormous but beautiful yellow-and-black spiders on my porch - their webs are high above me, and I've never seen them move, so as long as they don't bother me, I'm willing to name them like pets and let them hang around.)
Of course, then it all seems drastically unimportant on my morning commute, as I listen to reports on NPR of the devastation in the Gulf. I saw the cavalry heading north on the Turnpike this morning - dozens of police vehicles, RVs, repair trucks, and other vehicles charging Gulfward in an attempt to recover as much as possible as quickly as possible. Thank God for the people who help.
Today begins the three-day Amber/Nathan Blitzkrieg - Bachelor/Bachelorette parties tonight (Theatre-Style - both parties meeting up for karaoke and a magic show, and no strippers, thank GOD), rehearsal dinner tomorrow (hurray for my usher beau - I get a free ride to the yummy dinner!), and the wedding on Friday! Eternity looks good from here.


3 Comments:
Jason W. and I had lunch at 310 a couple weeks ago (Park Ave, Winter Park) and realized that we were getting Internet access.... I highly recommend it!
"Excuse me, I have to go boil my head now."
LMAO!
So, did you do it? How did it go?
Rupert and Charlotte only move at night when you're sleeping.
Then they come into the house, crawl on your face, lay eggs in your nose, and laugh hysterically while taking pictures posing by your sleeping head with their tiny spider-sized digital cameras.
They e-mailed me a couple of pictures, so I have proof.
Post a Comment
<< Home