Well, Maybe If You Cut A Hole In It...
Maybe this won't strike anyone else as particularly unusual...but I think some of you may be as appalled as I was. Groveland?
Me: Hey, would it be okay if I went to get some bagels? I haven't been able to properly enjoy one in six weeks and the team would like breakfast...
Supervisor (filling in for my Super while my Super's out of town, who would totally have let me go): Oh, Janice brought in pies from Perkins! Have some pie!
I had no reaction to this. I was so befuddled with how we arrived at coconut cream from a bagel. Is one somehow a perfect substitute for the other? I'm not a breakfast snob, and pie can be a very exciting breakfast...but are we six?
**Update**: I have no idea how, but Jim managed to track down a bagel with cream cheese for me. Jim rocks my face. Now I can save the pie for after lunch, where it belongs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home