Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I Heart Reflective Surfaces

I've noticed I spend a lot more time stealing glances at myself in mirrors and tinted windows than I used to. Our elevator at work, office windows, car windows, people's sunglasses - I'm becoming rather enamored with myself.

A new chapter 11 case came in and was assigned to me at work. Words cannot express how underwhelmed I am at the prospect of handling this case - effing chapter 11 bankruptcies. They SUCK. Any time a major corporation files (Winn Dixie, Planet Hollywood, etc.), it's chapter 11, and it's always big, ugly, and a pain in the ass. (And Planet Hollywood technically falls into my case load, but fortunately it was already in place when I started here, so I don't have to deal with that nightmare. But if that case manager ever were to leave, I would imagine I'd have to take it on.)

I really should track people down for a living. I found another long-lost, a girl I worked with for about a week - she moved to Germany, so she actually literally rules all over the world.

I have been having some crazy dreams lately. Not at all interesting dreams, mind you. Very brief and painfully mundane run-of-the-mill crap...it makes no sense. Here's a sample:

**Dreaming of grocery shopping for the goods to make a cake. Now I feel compelled to bake a cake. Not that I would want a cake in my house - maybe I'll bake a cake for Stelly, just for shock value. Better yet, for Poker Night. Can one bake cakes for poker games?
**Dreaming of riding in an elevator. No crash, no interesting people, just...yeah. Hi, I'm in an elevator. End dream sequence.
**Dreaming of waking up to find myself lying next to someone (I assume male) who has his hand resting gently on my leg. But in a nice way. Not in a creepy total-stranger-in-my-bed way. (Okay, that one was kind of nice, but still not terribly exciting.)
**Dreaming of trying on a shirt. I didn't even really like the shirt very much.

What the hell is this? No rehearsals, relatively active social life but nothing overwhelming...and now my dreams have become painfully realistic. Perhaps my subconscious figures if it's going to be going through some major changes in the next six months and spending some time in other countries, it should relax and enjoy a little downtime while it has the chance.

Jeff Bridges is going to be starring in a movie about gymnastics. Yesssss. Now if we could just get Dane Cook in a movie about motocross and Jason Statham in a movie about base jumping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home