Monday, April 04, 2005

And What Exactly Is A "Fish Pimp"?

Today I'm happy because I got an hour on the phone with Kamden last night!!! He's well, living in Boston (handy, since I'm planning that trip soon as well), and getting ready to start medical school. He's still deciding between Johns Hopkins, Stanford, and Harvard...Yale has him wait-listed. Ha HA, loser! (Can you imagine? Accepted at three of the best med schools in the country and wait-listed by the fourth. That's just sick impressive.)

My big accomplishment - I mowed my own lawn.

Yeah, that's right. For the first time since August and maybe the second time in about two years...I mowed my own lawn. I used to do it all the time, but Jason was just so darned good at it, so that became his chore once he moved in. The reason I generally avoid mowing is that once I get out there, I go a little ballistic and end up in the yard for six hours. I managed to keep it down to three yesterday, but I really wanted to do more. Still, the yard looks a lot better than it did.

I met with my roofing guy on Saturday, by the way, and he rules all over the world. He was supposed to be at my house at 10:00 and he was early. That's right folks - EARLY. A contractor. Early. How about that? He's a friend of Niglet's, so we spent 20 minutes discussing the roof and another hour talking about him, how messed up the dealership is, bonfires, fat cheese-eating weird chicks, and other things that I probably know too much about for someone only loosely associated with them. Anyway, anyone needs roofing work, he's with Florida Universal Roofing. (Not Universal Roofing - they suck.)

Does anyone else think base jumping sounds like SOOOO much fun?!

Universal was a blast on Saturday night - Arrested Development still rocks face, and Sarah and I had way too much fun dancing around like mad fools. And Ray slow-danced with me and nuzzled my neck through much of the Jason Mraz set, which would have been so much more enjoyable if he wasn't just sooo adorable...and gay. (Ray, not Jason Mraz - although Ray and Shane decided that, based on the particular way he moved his hips during one particular song, he must be gay. Okay.) And we saw Kyle perform as Frank in the Graveyard Revue show - he sounded amazing, and picked us out of the crowd and gave us a "signal" - it was awesome, even if he behaved rather strangely afterwards.

I have a follow-up with the doctor at 4:15. Could today possibly be the day I get my mouth back? We shall soon see!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

What the f***!!! I can't believe you found me - how cool is that?!
What was that whole thing about England? When did you do that? Dude, what's happened since I left Florida??
Tell me more!
Kat

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

p.s. your blog is freaking hilarious :)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home