I'm Your Sister, I Think You Can Eat Off Me
Bananamanda's comment when Stephanie reached for another fork after giving her a bite of her dinner. For the record, I believe she meant "eat AFTER me".
And we have entered Stage Two of my Blue Funk, which is starvation. I lose all desire to eat when I'm in one of my snits. But I also have entered the I Want My Mommy stage, and we had a nice long chat tonight about what I should do with my life and what plans I should make, and she made me feel better. Moms are so great to have...
Today I'm happy because Steph, John, Glen, and I all went to Tatame for tea and then Ole Ole for tapas. John cracked me up with a reenactment of the time he got fooled by wax figures at Ripley's Believe It Or Not...all of us were in a bit of a snit and we had a good time forcing ourselves out of it. Isn't it great how four friends can snap themselves out of their own bad mood simply by employing whatever tactics are necessary to cheer each other up?
I tried to push the flower vase out of the way at the restaurant and discovered it glued to the table and laughed so hard I snorted twice and came dangerously close to peeing myself. I don't know, something about gluing a cheap vase to a table in a somewhat classy restaurant just struck a chord with me. I felt this sudden determination to steal the vase, and informed everyone that if we had to roll that table out of the restaurant on a dolly, I would be taking that vase home. (Of course, I lied.)
I have exciting casting news I've been holding back:
Brandon, my boy from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, currently attending Florida School of the Arts, is going to be playing Snoopy in their production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. He was just hoping for Linus, so this is a definite step up - he's super-excited!
Stephanie will be playing Cecily in Osceola's production of The Importance of Being Earnest. Did anyone think she wouldn't get it, honestly? I mean, how perfect is she going to be? Stoked.
John is going to be playing...somebody...in The Rainmaker. (I'm sorry, I don't know the show and hell if I can remember his character's name - I do know it's the oldest brother.) Ashley is also starring, as Starbuck. (That one I can remember for obvious reasons.)
I left the restaurant early to come home and sleep - clearly that worked out well. But I had to put out a karma call in time for tomorrow's scheduled procedure:
Please send good karma to Stephanie - her Lasik surgery is tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home