Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Scrappy McFluffyNubby Is Kicking My Ass

Diving right in to the Knitting Pool:

This yarn is making me crazy. Not because this project is even remotely difficult, but because the yarn is a vicious twisty bitch-goddess. I'm going to attempt this bag again someday with a different yarn. (In which event I'll have to alter the pattern, because the boring garter stitch is only okay with this bizarre stuff.)

I don't remember having any kind of hatred for sari yarn when I knit a nice loose scarf on 15s...

And I'm REALLY going to want to share pictures of this project when it's done, because it's very cute, but damn my readership, the intended recipient of anything I make would see the pictures because most everyone reads this at least occasionally....but I do hope the recipient enjoys this blasted thing, which I have dubbed (as you see in today's title), Scrappy McFluffyNubby.

Okay, I'm done with the knitting stuff now.

Hey, Central Florida-dwellers! The Ritz-Carlton offers a 15% discount to residents on spa services Monday through Thursday. I didn't know that and got surprised with a cheaper-than-planned day at the salon. Granted, you'll pay more at the Ritz, but you get to use all their unbelievably fabulous amenities, like the club-soda whirlpool tub. (Ahhh, hot bubbling super-fizzy water...it's like heroin.) So I don't mind paying $75 for a pedicure if I get to spend five hours beforehand in pure sauna/steam room/fizzy jacuzzi/salt pool bliss.

We made an offer on the Clermont house, and we've arrived at an agreed-upon price. Now we just have to secure the builder and the construction loan and the nightmare can begin! Come on, easy money! (Well, not easy - we'll be poor and starving for at least a year. But whenever we do offload the place, we'll be sitting pretty.)

And that's about all.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Almeida said...

Congrats on the house! Yay!
And I'm glad you're preparing for the worst - a good idea. I went through building at work... wait until you get the call: "Um, we just figured out the plans call for a pole right in the middle of the bathroom toilet. If you want it changed, we need to know in the next 30 seconds because we're pouring the concrete right now."
But I promise by the time it's over, you'll very quickly forget all about the headaches.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Just think, finishing the project means you kicked the yarn's butt. Wouldn't that feel good for a change???
Knot like I would know....

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home