Alyson's Reason For Being, Monday Edition
(I typed all this out yesterday but then I had to do some training with the new girl and I forgot to post it. Enjoy.)
Travis' random phone call this morning..."I just wanted to call and say I love that we have such a wonderful life together."
Then I cried at my desk.
Now I have to butch him back up....he also patched my tire this morning, which was very manly of him.
Little Bit's going to be okay - she has a bad corneal tear, but with some medication, it'll heal just fine. Unfortunately, she has to wear one of those goofy lampshade collar things to keep her from rubbing her eye with her paws, so she's really not happy about that. I'm doing my best not to laugh right out loud, but between the collar, the bad eye, and the mild sedative they've given her to adjust to it all, she's .... well, she's pretty damned funny. The collar makes her run into stuff, but the sedative makes her unsure of how to deal with the fact that she's just run into a wall. And she can't sniff the ground when she goes out like she normally would...she puts her head down, takes a few steps, gets the collar snagged on some grass, and nearly flips herself over. I hate to giggle at her, but it's just funny to watch. I think it's okay to be amused since she's going to be just fine. We have to keep her and Brodie separated though, so they don't mess with each other and further injure her eye or worse, and he's VERY displeased.
In knitting news: This weekend I mastered yarn-overs, slips, and several new stitch patterns. And I figured out how to cable cast-on. Which I then figured out I absolutely hate doing. And I spent another large amount of money on yarn for a throw and for a shawl for Mom. I still hate purling (why does it take me so LONG?) but I did find a brand new Needlemaster interchangeable circular set on eBay for $25 - so even if it sucks, at least I didn't fork over $75 to Michael's for it.
Tuesday Addition: Travis and I get to go on a nice fancy quiet date tonight. It's not just Valentine's Day - it's our first chance to celebrate being completely unfettered with theatre projects. Neither of us have anything lined up in the future, and we can just enjoy ourselves. Last night we booked Carla for a couple of massages (ahhhh), so this is our first official Night To Ourselves. I'm so excited...


2 Comments:
awww...poor puppy-kitty!
I have memories of Bosco from One Crazy Summer.
If you haven't seen that movie, I'm sensing a movie night in our future.
P.S.-When do you want to do game night?
P.P.S.-I have sporadically begun blogging yet again...
P.P.P.S.-word verification:
yypozy
(wise posey-sounds like a nickname for someone, maybe we could start calling Marcie that...)
keeping current
Post a Comment
<< Home