Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!
Ahh, he makes me laugh.
Ask me what we did this weekend. Go ahead, ask me.
NOTHING!!! AHAHAHAHAHA! We did NOTHING! Well, not entirely nothing, but a comparative nothing. We ate dinners, house-shopped, went to a party, and had supper on Sunday with some friends. And I got my hair cut and dyed almost black, which I think looks so fantastic on me. I wanted very badly to give myself the super-short super-cute Keira Knightley chop, but Travis would cry if I came home with hair shorter than his.
I think we found the house. It's a fixer-upper of the highest degree (we're not talking a few coats of paint here....more like tear down every wall that's not load-bearing and redesign the entire place) but it's going to be worth a fortune when we're done with it.
So....Hustle and Flow. It was probably really good. I think. But honestly, by and large I had no idea what was going on. I did think Terrence Howard did a really impressive job, if you gauge skill by how incomprehensible your speech is.
I think when you really get to the nuts and bolts of it, I was frankly just too damned white to understand what was going on. I'm not saying this in a "look how nerdy I am" or "I'm a racist" kind of way....I just really was having a hard time following the movie because I haven't really kept up with anything remotely urban, so it took me about 20 minutes to get used to the dialect. (I could easily digress into a really interesting segment I heard on NPR earlier this week about dialectual distinctions in America, but I think I've already been fairly demonstrative with my nerdiness, no need to drive it home.)
Speaking of driving home nerdiness...Knitting Knews! (I HATE the silent "K" that gets added to anything associated with knitting to up the cuteness factor - and yes, Knitting Knook of Mount Dora, I'm looking squarely at you.) Anyway, I'm working on my first real item that's not a flat strip of something in square or rectangle format, something that requires increases and decreases and stitching together (albeit all in garter stitch). It's a bag made with sari yarn that I think I'm going to love when it's all finished. But DAMN it's slow going - knitting this nubby stuff into a tight fabric on size 8s is hell on my hands.
Tomorrow, after Little Bit's vet follow-up (her eye's doing well) and lunch with Travis, I'm going to the Ritz for a mani/pedi. I'm not going to be ashamed of that either....I can spoil myself with something other than yarn periodically. I just usually choose not to because there's just so much good yarn to acquire.


1 Comments:
I FULLY FULLY FULLY approve of spa time.
I even approve of flying to faraway spas.
Often.
Post a Comment
<< Home