Monday, December 12, 2005

No Title Today. Yeah. That's Right. Eff The Man.

I'm both anxious and hesitant to see the first in the Narnia series. I loved the book (haven't read it since around middle school, though, so they could show me an old episode of The Snorks and I'd have no grounds for arguing its authenticity) but I read an old interview with C.S. Lewis recently and he said he absolutely did not DID NOT want a live action version of his books. EVER. He hedged about animated versions, said those wouldn't be quite so offensive...but he couldn't imagine Aslan (the lion) as anything other than what one's imagination could conjure. Granted, he had no idea the scope of what technology could one day achieve...but part of me thinks I'm disgracing his memory by buying in.

Nonetheless, I'm sure we'll see it soon. I'd like to go tonight, but I really need to finish up my holiday goodies (I'm going way overboard baking goodies and making candy for coworkers, and I'm anxious to be done with it so I can present my gifts.)

Relatively uneventful but vastly pleasant weekend. Some holiday shopping in Mount Dora, a squirt bottle fight at the house on Sunday morning, and dinner with eight of the ten members of Travis' family who came to see Scrooge Sunday afternoon. Gerard was also back for Sunday - Eric needed to work, and fortunately he had a backup to take his place. I got a lot of grief from Travis' cousins for kissing someone else right in front of them...it's funny, people always say that would be the hardest part for them. I never really think about it. I don't think Travis does either...it's not a hobby for either of us, but it's just what we're supposed to do onstage. Whatever. But I like that it's all it takes to impress some people..."Wow! I mean, how can you do that?! That's gotta be so HARD!" Actually, no, the B flat below high C I have to hit in one of the songs, with no vocal warmup...that's really hard.

Kamikaze subject change...Sienna Miller. I don't get it. I mean, I really just don't get it. I'm going to start wearing leggings under everything and stop washing my hair and date some guy who everyone else seems to inexplicably think is a total dreamboat but treats me badly, and treat him badly right back, and see where that gets me. Because this girl is HUGE, and she's not had one notable onscreen role yet.

We leave for Taos in eighteen days. Good Lord I need this trip. It'll be my first time to our other home without my mom...and without our actual home to stay in. And I don't think the people who bought our cabins would like it if I tried to let myself in. I've never tried visiting Taos as a tourist. This should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home