Whither Art Thou Kleenex?
I cannot be more than five yards from a box of Kleenex at any time. I'm averaging one tissue every four minutes. And, since I'm back at work, each Kleenex is followed by a spritz of hand sanitizer. My fingernails will probably fall off by the end of the day. Which, for me, will probably be in about an hour...Alyson should not have returned to work.
So, this was freakin' sweet - last night we took a trip up to Target to see how long I was capable of moving around (Answer: 90 minutes, if allowed to pass out immediately afterward) and on my way into the store, I looked down and found...five dollars on the sidewalk!!! Okay, when you have five dollars in your wallet, you're thinking, "Crap, I only have five bucks." When you find five dollars in a pocket while doing laundry, you think, "Sweet! Five dollars I didn't know I had!" When you find five dollars on the sidewalk and no one's around, it's like winning the effing lottery. I was so thrilled about my five dollars. If there'd been one, I would have given it to the bell-clanging Salvation Army guy...but there wasn't one, so I kept it. That's right...it's mine and I'm not ashamed. I looked around for anyone who had that "Where'd my five bucks go?" look on their face first. Then I scampered off with my damp new treasure.
Sudacare Shower Soothers. Best invention since ... eh, stifled for creativity. Best invention in a while.
Remember that day that I was late to work because some evil bitch hit a dog (Skipper) in front of me and this girl Denise and I got him to the vet, but he died? Well, Skipper's family sent me the sweetest card and a little beaded bracelet with a little bone-shaped silver charm on it. Is that not just the sweetest thing? The card was even signed by their two little boys...so sweet, and just made me feel all warm but sad but thankful for grateful people and good karma and all those warm fuzzy things.
Now if I could only find out that the evil bitch's engine fell out of her car or something, I'd really feel like Karma ran its full circle.


3 Comments:
In the last 3 months I have found a 20-dollar bill twice in random parking lots.
I really did feel like I won the lottery. It filled me with such a sense of joy, no matter how short lived, because later I would think, "I'd be pissed if I dropped $20 in the parking lot and someone else got it."
But then the sense of joy returned as I thought, "Whatever! You snooze you lose, and I'm the one $20 richer!"
awesome.
How sweet that Skipper's family sent you that bracelet. Makes me sad again, but it's nice that they appreciated what you did.
Get better!
all cqaught up
Post a Comment
<< Home