Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rock Out With Your Poultry Out

Today I'm happy because Travis arrived home last night bearing a Hallmark sentiment and a bunch of green hydrangeas. (I love hydrangeas, and I love green flowers, because they're unusual.) And this morning he got up while I was in the shower and scurried downstairs to make me tea, breakfast, and a peanut butter sandwich "for later". I'm sorry, he's just the cutest sweetest thing ever. Like it's not enough to wake up to that face every morning...then the face gets up and cooks breakfast! Le sigh...

We are dealing in wardrobe malfunctions currently - my somewhat transparent Isabelle dress seems to have also developed an unfortunate affinity for static cling. But my Helen party dress is so pretty! I look like Cinderella in the Disney movie, in the dress that the mice make for her, before it gets all destroyed.

I've been working on my chickens. So far I've done some sort of Mongolian marinated chicken and a cilantro-lime-garlic chicken breast that smelled amazing. I hate not being able to eat my own creations because, if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty decent little cook. On Sunday, my breakfast for four included a breakfast casserole (Grandma's recipe), mini-muffins (homemade, of course), bacon, yukon potatoes with rosemary, sage, and onions, fresh fruit salad, and homemade fresh blueberry pancakes. A little overboard? Yes. A little yummy? Yes. Leftovers we finally polished off this morning? YES.

Other than that, it's Hell Week. Then we open Friday. Then we have a pick-up on Monday. Then I have Into the Woods on Tuesday. And so far, my plans for Wednesday are limited to a book, a DVD, and my man. And my hydrangeas.

Seriously....le sigh, totally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home