I'm Surfing! I'm SURFING!!!
Oh blessed Lord of Internet access! I have cable! And high-speed Internet! What shall I TiVo first? I wonder if television is still important to me...I barely remember it.
So now that I have the access from home, I think you know what that means - more photos!!! Yes, that's right, it's the
MULTIPLE PHOTGASM!!!
Coming at you with Mar...er, no one you know's birthday party, Halloween photos, and finally, the (limited) unveiling of our new home! (Gotta save some reveals for the Travyson Debutante Ball Grand Tour...but I'll share some of my favourite features with you here now.)
We're starting with the Birthday of She Who Shall Not Be Named.

You know us, you love us - it's me and Toddie, of course!

David, me, and Matty, wearing a look that says "Wait, I just met this girl and we're squeezing for a photo like we're practically family...kinda weird, but okay, let's give it a go."

Ah...the flash. Probably should have turned off the flash. A more comfortable Matty poses with David and Sarah "A Fucking Marble Bundt Cake?!" French. (God this was a funny lunch.)

I love this picture of these two - Marvin. She's saying "My skin is flawless, my hair is lush, my eyes smolder...you want me."
And him? Well, that's just the photographic definition of leering. Of course, you should leer at your wife. It's healthy and beautiful to leer at your wife. Much better than leering at someone else's wife, or pet, or whatever people leer at. I personally enjoy leering at expensive appliances and bathroom fixtures...but that's just kind of where I am in life right now, I think.
On to Halloween!

This was such a fantastic idea - Toddie and Steven as Anna-Nicole Smith, before TrimSpa and after TrimSpa. My favourite part was how pre-TS Anna Nicole carried around that vase, which turned out to be her dear departed husband Howard. She talked to it all night. Effing hilarious.

Get a picture of us in our costumes! Jeff went as Guy Ritchie (buy it, would ya?) and Travis and I went as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Best laid plans of them anyway...we had all sorts of brilliant ideas (Scientology brochures) and Travis had his Tom Cruise impersonation pretty pat, but we kinda gave up. I was surprised at how close I managed to get his hair, though. There's about a half a tin of pomade in his hair...we suffer for love, you know.

You probably can't tell at all, but every one of those Post-Its on Steve is a reminder to get a costume. And David...well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. We might not need that many....but isn't he pretty? It's sort of disconcerting to talk to your friends when they're in drag, because you get real into what they're saying, and then when they pause to take a breath or someone else says something, you suddenly focus and think "Ahaha, you're so pretty! You look just like my friend David, but you're a girl. A really tall girl! With stubble....wait a minute..."

Marvin and Jeff. Is this not the best '20s couple you've ever seen? At least five minutes of the drive home was dedicated to how much we loved this hairstyle on her. If She Who Shall Not Be Named ever decided to go short and black, there would be no regrets. (Insert Gary Coleman joke here.)

Sarah and Caroline (that's Line, not Lynn or Leen) illustrate, in full colour, the tragic downward spiral of Lindsay "But She Used To Be Such A Cute Girl" Lohan. (Caroline is being trained, I believe, to replace Sarah as our Sassy Redhead upon Sarah's departure. Big shoes to fill.....)
Let's just throw in this picture of our girls posing together:

That's mine in her proper place, trailing off-kilter behind Travis' bike. (That's the garage at the old place.)
And finally....the house.

I KNOW!!! Isn't it pretty? It's a little bit subdivision, but we can certainly deal! I mean...look how pretty! Look how BIG!!!

This is my effing kitchen! Look at all those CABINETS!!! I can fill them! Fill them with...stuff! Ahhh!

Here you see our laundry room/pantry. Enough room to store MREs for an entire infintry for a whole tour of duty. LOVE this pantry. We can buy four of everything now! I heart bulk buying!

This is the sitting room portion of our bedroom - which is ginormous and fantastic.

The closet in the master bedroom. We have a walk-in closet WITH A WINDOW! My favourite thing, though, was when Becky (Travis' mom) pointed out that it could easily be converted into a nursery. Then hastily explained that she didn't mean for US, but that, you know, if someone wanted to, they could...I mean, it was a clever design because it'd be really convenient for ... oh forget it. Yeah, we had a good chuckle on that one.
So it's absolutely great, other than the fact that the neighbours are a little Twilight Zone - helpful to the point of being somewhat suspicious (but maybe that's just me), or a little nosy, or just bizarre. We've been here two days and we've already had most everyone in the neighbourhood swing by to say hello (or, as I like to think of it, size us and our stuff up and see if there's anything worth borrowing or stealing.)
I'll share my favourite story so far, and then I'll let you get on with your day. I just walked downstairs in my skivvies to grab the laundry, and there were the next door neighbours, having a chat in my (unfenced) backyard with their dogs, who then ran up to the sliding glass door to bark at my dog, flinging themseves claws first at my screen door. I was a little stunned, and the lady smiled and the man just waved. I'm sorry, I know I'm used to having either a fence or 105 acres of privacy...but get the hell out of my backyard! And don't wave at me when I'm in my panties! Ignore me!
Ahh, we country folk are going to have a lot of fun in this new citified setting.


4 Comments:
Okay, love the photos, but where the hell is YOUR costume missy? That won't fly when I'm there! Anywho! I miss you and I only have 6 weeks until I'm there! Yah! Now, finding a place to live ...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I need a cigarette after that post...
Yes, I often get told that I am pretty in drag. I never get told I am pretty out of drag. (Mrs C and I just need to go to parties with her in that wig and me as a woman and we can basically sit back as the compliments come flying at us.)
I love the word "ginormous".
And it definitely works when describing that place. Jeezus Effing Crackers! I can't wait to see it in person. Can I come live in your pantry?
that picture of you and me is so adorable it just makes you want to puke your guts out!
and I love the fact that sitting next to you makes me look tan!
:-)
word verification:
mrkgtpy - Mr. Keg T. Party
Post a Comment
<< Home