Thursday, October 20, 2005

You're Lucky Lucky You're So Lucky!

Ashley is upset. She thought she deserved Little Red because she's played it before and won a "major" award for it. (I'm thankful for the recognition, but I don't throw mine around...they're not Tony awards, you know.) Gee, I'm glad to know that I'll have that to use at any theatre that ever does a show I've done before - I had no idea that "I've done it before" makes you an automatic lock for a role. (Why would you really want to keep playing the same role over and over anyway in a show this good? I want to play them all!) And I'm sorry, did you SEE Tiana's audition? That audition would have worried Kristen Chenoweth. Who the hell are you?

And Jan, bless her heart, was apparently trying to make me a better person and/or actor by asking me to pretend to love her. With the help of a balloon and a lead weight, I can probably show you about how well I would have been able to pull that off. Come on, I'm not that good of an actor. You must know that!

Oh well. Luckily for both of us, she refused to take such a small role that wasn't worthy of her celebrity stature. Bummer. (Thank you for considering Rapunzel a small role...I do appreciate it.)

Aaaaaaanyway....

I left my cell phone at home today. I'm not sure how I'll survive.

Last night's rehearsal was a little, ah, frenetic. But we are getting things done.

Little Hailey smashed little Shawn in the face. He asked her for a high-five, and she did it. Travis suggested that next time he ask, she should high-five his forehead. So when Shawn came up to her for another high five, she stood up and, with all the force in her tiny little body, upper-cutted his forehead with an open palm. He stumbled away a little dazed but unhurt....DAMMIT that was funny.

My favourite part of the evening, though, was when Cathy needed Travis on stage and it took him a little while to get there because he was dutifully standing next to me holding out my unwound hank of yarn while I wound it into a ball. He could star in his own series - Things You Wouldn't Expect From A Manly Man.

I crashed last night at his house and woke up drunk-tired. That's the kind of tired that's almost fun. You're not exhausted, you're just kind of out of it and stumbling around and very goofy. You say stupid little things and you love the whole world and everything is snugglable. You could cuddle up with a stalled chainsaw, kiss it goodnight, and drift off to la-la-land perfectly content. Fortunately, I don't have to cuddle a chainsaw. But I probably could have.

And my attendance at rehearsal is not required tonight! Yay, I can work late! (For anyone who might have been curious, yeah, I'm probably going to end up dropping that World Religions course I was enjoying so much. Having to stay late at work three weeks in a row pretty much put me right out of the loop.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home