Monday, October 17, 2005

I Laughed! I Cried!

Oh so long a post...

What a long and lovely weekend it turned out to be, other than a few cruddy cranky tired hiccups.

Friday's Halloween Horror Nights was great - we got to five houses, thanks mainly to Amber's ability to backdoor us in to the Body Collector house (bypassing a 120 minute wait, ugh!) Amber met up with Travis and Danielle and I and we had a really good time, even while I was being a huge butt. I don't know if you've noticed, but work's been draining me of any and all ability to have fun.

(Oh, and we did have over 2,000 new case filings between Friday and Sunday. That's a whole lot.)

So yeah, I got a couple of good scares and so, thankfully, did Travis. We saw Eric and Britteny and Layne and Tracy on her stilts. I loved that part almost the best...she is a pretty pretty girl, but she was drop-dead gorgeous sexy in her wicked costume with the makeup and the freaky serious stare. Wow. So yeah, we had a great time, and Danielle had a blast on her first time ever at HHN, even though the chainsaw guys kept chasing her and freaked her out...she was LOVING it. (And yes, Eric is strangely attractive when painted as a statue.)

Oh, and someone in one of the houses knew me and I have NO IDEA who it was. One of the Scareactors yelled my name when we first walked into Cold Blind Terror, but Eric and Britt were the only Moonlighters on that cast, so it wasn't a Moonlighter and I don't know who else I know at Universal. So that's bugging me.

Saturday was my day to get some shopping done, wander around town, chill with Travis a bit, and then see Lend Me A Tenor. What a fun show! Charles was hilarious, Dan cracked me up, Marcie was sooo very very sultry, and we laughed all the way through. Danielle loved that one too, and Travis...get this...wants to go back and see it again this weekend! (Marcie's birthday!!) He's also expressed that he'd like to see Urinetown again, as would I, but it's bound to be completely booked. But that's okay, because Moonlight is seriously kicking that one around for next season, I hear. Our sides for Into the Woods auditions were actually from Urinetown. Anyway, we saw that show and I finally got to meet Gina and Geoff (she of the perfect hair and infectious laugh, he of the bizarre and delightful sense of humour) and we all went to Chili's afterwards and discussed all sorts of amusing things, like prison sex and bunnyrabbit masturbation. (It's possible you had to be there...) Anyway, I really enjoyed the Gina/Geoff Marcie/Kevin combo.

Sunday we went to the Dew Action Sports Tour and watched some BMX...they shouldn't even broadcast that it includes freestyle motocross, since over the course of four days, they did about three hours of events, all of which were on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Bleh. But it was awesome, and we got to see some amazing stunts.

Into the Woods auditions were so much fun! EVERYONE was there, but I'll be honest...I wouldn't want to cast this show. I say that a lot, but I couldn't cast anything but one role. Well, two. I'd LOVE to see Andrew as a stepsister, and I'd say unless something miraculous happens, Tiana has Little Red completely locked. Her audition was the best I saw all night...and I LOVE her, to boot - such a sweetheart, and so talented and Bernadette-y. And she's teensy. But there are so many talented men. Most of the usual Moonlighters were there, with some new folks and a decent handful of Bay Streeters, including the wonderful Rick Breese, which was a bit surprising (in a good way). I do love me some Rick Breese though. And then there's all my favourite boys...Eric, Billy, Kyle, and we know Gerard and Nick will be along...it's probably going to be a nightmare to cast.

Okay, after much debating (it's such a snobby song choice) I did decide to sing "Diva's Lament" and I sold a song for the first time in my life. I'm usually the one standing up there with my hands clasped, singing without much of anything else...but I just had fun with it. Of course I botched a few notes, and completely blew the ending, but still...fun, and everyone laughed because ... well, I hate to think it's because you'd sort of EXPECT that song from me, but...well... And I had to stifle laughter every time I looked back at Travis, who was standing on his seat, looking so very adorable and supportive, practically jumping up and down for me...he's just so darned lovable.

Tom Kline sang a song to his daughter and we all cried. Even the guys...we were all in little bitty pieces. It was so perfect and beautiful and sweet.

Oh, and Marcie sang in perfect French. Showoff. (She was great, the little brat.)

Anyway, even if I don't get cast (oh please I wanna get cast, pleasepleaseplease) it was a very fun night. I just hate auditioning any time I really really want a role, because I freak out. But it's hard to stay freaked out with all your friends around, and even harder when Andrew's audition is a duet with a sock puppet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home