Friday, October 14, 2005

Why Don't You Just Shoot Me In The Head Right Now?

There were at least 30 people standing in the lobby waiting for the doors to open when I got here this morning. Why do I get the feeling we're not going to be closing the doors until 9:00 tonight? All I can say is thank God I don't work at the front counter.

So Daniel Craig is the new Bond...ummmmm yeah. I loved him in the creepfest Enduring Love, but I've never looked at him and thought, "Hey, he'd be a good James Bond." He's more like the Anti-Bond. It'll be interesting to see how this goes...he IS a good actor, so that'll be a nice change. I was still kind of hoping for the shock of Jason Statham coming out of nowhere to be the new Bond, but no one asked me. And you know, no one ever asked me who should play Edna Turnblatt either (John Goodman, dammit, John Goodman!!)

I know I'm going to be here until at least 7:00 tonight. I'm in no hurry to get started.

Ooooh, I got a little chat with Jan last night (she's just so fun) and she has figured a way to work with any Scrooge or otherwise schedule-conflicted people she might want in Into the Woods. Whew!

Oh, and once again, the music for Scrooge? Freakin' hard. Leslie Bricusse can suck a fat one...random key and tempo changes galore. And when he doesn't feel like changing keys, he'll just throw a handful of incidentals into the piece just to make it sound bizarre. So you're singing along merrily in 4/4, and then the sopranos shift into a section of 24 measures, 23.5 of which are full of bizarre incidentals, in some time signature you didn't know could even happen, and probably can't (5/2...3/10...9/17?!) - all while the rest of the chorus stays happily in the key of C in 4/4. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!! Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home