Bitch, I KNOW You Did Not Just Spike My Bunny
Urinetown was a good show.
I have zero enthusiasm for anything right now. I'm just tired and sick of filings. And ready for my trip.
But it really was a good show. Don't let my enthusiastically resounding thud of a review fool you - it's one of the most worthy shows I've seen lately. The ensemble numbers, surprisingly enough, are the best parts of the show - the ensemble was rock-solid. And the gruff houseguest from Icehouse's The Man Who Came To Dinner played Mr. Cladwell, and he's one of my favourite Central Florida actors. And David was hysterically funny and Sarah was adorable as all hell, and so on. It was my first Mad Cow experience, and I gotta say....I should have at least auditioned. Next season...maybe.
Our first Scrooge! rehearsal is tomorrow. I'm excited about that too. Really.
Finally...today I'm happy because when I got to work there was already a message waiting on my voicemail. Dreading the start of the day, I played it - and it was my dad, calling to tell me that he loves me. How much better of a start to a day can you really get? You wake up all snuggly with your guy, he makes you a breakfast sandwich, you run late to work due to accidents and traffic and lose some of your snuggly buzz...but then there's Pop, who always knows the best moment to make the Daddy Call. I have a great family. I have several great families, actually...but it all starts and ends with the real thing.


1 Comments:
It was great to see ya! Thanks again for coming.
There is really great rapport among the actors - I wish y'all could see the costume changes and set and prop movement that we help each other with. It has evolved some really great backstage choreography. I am so proud of this show, and I'm so proud to have been included in it. I can't speak highly enough of the process, the artistic staff, and the Mad Cow folks in general.
Post a Comment
<< Home