Monday, September 26, 2005

Well, It LOOKS Like Dog Food!

And what a fantastic weekend it was!

I got to spend two entire days (mostly) with my very best friend. We had a wonderful dinner at Crawdaddys (one of my favourite places in South Florida) where we were unable to order the crawfish appetizer. Depressed, I exclaimed, "How are you out of crawfish?! This is CRAWDADDYS!" To which the waitress replied rather dryly, "Because crawfish come from Louisiana."

Oh. Damn.

In other news, Jessi's enormous Great Dane Noah tried to eat Little Bit - I figure he was just trying to play, but in the way a 140-pound dog plays with a 7-pounder. We hit the beach (taking Little Bit with us, which I LOVE doing), flew kites, got a little sunkissed, frolicked in the ocean, got some GREAT pictures of Travis and me, and hung out in their house (which they've customized beyond belief - the spare bedroom is a movie theater, complete with curtains, big screen with surround sound, stadium seating, and a popcorn machine.) Jimmy cracked us up with his deadpan humour and beat Travis at pool a few times. (They have a pool table too...I LOVE their house.)

We had our usual glorious road-trip weekend. I love taking little trips with Travis - we get to talk and laugh and enjoy each other and forget all about other distractions for a little while, the work and the busy schedules and all the stuff in between.

I got to have lunch with Amanda, a friend from high school I haven't seen in ages. She's one of the ones who is enjoying doing what you always figured she would - she was a movie nut and always planned to go into the business, and sure enough, she's producing a television series now. We had a nice time catching up, despite some disappointing fare from Panera. (Anyone ever noticed that their food's pretty awful? Those are some good bagels - but the sandwiches, not so much...)

And Travis and I had a failed attempt at purchasing new cell phones...in what will be a very convoluted and complicated procedure, we are considering taking the plunge into new joint service under the practical, cheaper shared-minute family plan. Growing up is fun. (Any arguments for or against the sharing minutes thing?)

Ooooohh, and we saw The Corpse Bride! I loved it - he thought it was pretty okay. But I ran out and bought the soundtrack immediately - Danny Elfman is such a genius!! I thought it was a fantastic film - definitely recommendable!

3 Comments:

Blogger tm said...

I = angry.
I just tried posting this big long comment to you, and blogger's being a dickhead, so let's try again:
Steven and I share a cell plan with SprintPCS. It makes sense for us because we spend most of our cell time on the phone with each other, and we have unlimited free Sprint to Sprint minutes, so talking to each other costs nothing.
Before the shared plan, I had 1000 Anytime, and unlimited Nights & Weekends for $100/mo, and I almost ALWAYS went over my minutes.
Now with the shared plan, we have 700 Anytime, unlimited Nights & Weekends, and the free Sprint to Sprint minutes; and not only have we never gone over our minutes, but we split the cheaper bill in half to make it cost even that much less.
In other words, I'm all for it!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Thank you. May our "Marriage" cell phone venture be as successful as yours!

(And thank you for posting twice...a lot of people would give up on me. Yay for you.)

4:21 PM  
Blogger tm said...

best of luck with that...
does that mean we have to throw you a bridal-phone shower?

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home