Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Here's How You Know

I don't know what this tells me - that a friend knows me too well, or that I am too vocal about the lack of excitement in my work life. But I got a call yesterday at about 1:30 that was just priceless - as soon as I answered, I got blasted with something that cracked me up, followed immediately by "I know this is about the time of day that you start contemplating throwing yourself out the window, so I thought I'd call and make you laugh."

The funny thing is, he was dead on. I've settled into a cozy pattern.

10:30: Bathroom break
12:00: Lunch
1:30: Contemplation of taking a nap under my desk or just leaving to see how long it would take anyone to notice I was gone
3:00: Frustrating computer lag that causes someone to announce "Is anybody else having this problem?"

It's sort of comforting, really, to have that sort of routine.

The parents of the 237 children performing in Oliver must be pretty cool. There's no way I'd be happy about my kid having rehearsal until midnight on a school night. I'm so unhip. I should probably contemplate having children soon before I turn into one of those people who puts their kid in a harness and lead rope. (Ew, no, I would never really do that.)

"He taught me a lot about my instincts...or at least how to ignore them."

Cabaret at Icehouse is going to rule all over the world - from what I've heard, the set and costume designs sound pretty innovative (in a good way, not in that I-have-to-think-of-something-positive, "Well, it was definitely, um, innovative" sort of way), and the cast, as far as I know it so far, is awesome. (And by awesome, I mean made up of incredibly talented people with whom I happen to be friends. Why does my circle rock so hard?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home