Wait, I Get That Line Now
Tonight was Man of La Mancha at West Orange, and it was unlike any high school performance I've ever seen. The set and costumes were absolutely stunning, and the leads were, by and large, very strong. (Sancho was a pretty lousy singer, but to his credit, he did have decent comedic timing. Billy's going to kick the crap out of him onstage, though.) To my surprise, it was a big party - Kyle, Eric, Billy, Jan, Diana, Andrew, Felicia, and Laura were all in attendance. There were also a bunch of people from the Whorehouse cast, so it was a night full of pleasant surprises. Shawn was as great as I expected as Padre, and performed especially well considering that the stage was thickly coated in hay, to which he is allergic. (Reminder: Shawn is one of my most favourite people ever, a very enthusiastic kid I met during Whorehouse, who will be serving as an usher at our wedding - he's very loveable.) The orchestra was horrifying quite frequently, but every character on stage handled the show like pros. There were ups and downs like in any show, but definitely better than I would expect from a high school. (But then, ya gotta know Ken Rush...)
One of my favourite moments of the evening: KTB's mom, looking from me to Kyle, and back to me and exclaiming "My God, you two are nearly the same height! How wonderful!" (Notes: KTB is Kyle's girlfriend (fabulous, beautiful, dead ringer for her mom), her mother introduced herself by reminding me we'd met at Whorehouse and she thought I was great (so major points for KTB's mom), Kyle is 6'7", and I was wearing my fabulous Michael Kors boots that make me about 6'3".) I do like being tall, but sometimes it's a curse, so I like being reminded that tall can be fun.
And I am feeling much better after spending virtually the entire day in bed or on the couch. Pretty much too well rested now, actually, and can't seem to get to sleep...but I am determined to go to work tomorrow, so I must try to force myself into slumber.


1 Comments:
YAY! for feeling better!
-Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home