Let's Go Get This Huffy, Baby!
Ah, morning. (Insert prolonged groan here.) We open Friday, so OF COURSE the germies that Sarah and Tracy had last week have just now found their way to me in the form of sniffles/sore throat/chills, so as to be in full swing by Friday night.
Fortune cookie say: Your exotic ideas lead you to many exciting, new adventures! (The comma is not necessary, and my exotic ideas usually lead me to strange looks from friends and coworkers, and that's about it.)
Hey, if anyone's going to be in Jacksonville this Friday, or doesn't have anything better to do and thinks Jacksonville would be a cool place to visit (...), J's band Real Love Diplomats is playing up there at a Pixies tribute show. They're lining up a show in November in town at BackBooth, and they're working on booking a show in Atlanta in December, and I'm very excited about that. I'm too tired to be really expressive about it, but just trust me. Excitement abounds.
I feel like I've been punched in the face. Maybe a few times. You know you're tired when your eyeballs hurt - I can actually feel how dilated my pupils are. I must learn to go home after rehearsal - I could easily have headed home and waited until today to find out today about the results of our bartering attempts with Cathy to get Wednesday off (she was very wonderful and generous about that, by the way, and I love her for that). And curse Bill and Tracy for their big bowl of candy on the living room table, which I was able to mostly avoid (aside from stealing all of Kyle's white Smarties - white Smarties are the only acceptable Smarties)...but last night they added Milky Way Dark miniatures. I can't pinpoint the moment I started liking dark chocolate - I used to HATE it, but I guess at some point I switched sides from maternal to paternal. (Wileys are dark chocolate people, Whitehalls are milk chocolate people; I think I just decided to try to stick to dark because it's only slightly less fatal than milk.) I used to despise tomato soup too. Now it's one of my favourite things. Isn't it funny how that happens?
You can tell how tired I am by how random this post is, and by how many parentheticals are involved. None of my synapses are firing at the same time or in the same direction.
Speaking of which, I just remembered something I really wanted to mention about Bill and Tracy, because I find this completely fascinating:
Their cats are toilet trained.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home