Big Bootie Big Bootie Big Bootie
Nick taught us a new theatre warmup game called, obviously, Big Bootie. It was so much fun that Cathy Mac even jumped in and finally had to call out "okay, five more minutes, then we really need to get started."
We ran the whole show yesterday, after Cathy's spaghetti and pickles, and it wasn't a complete disaster (the show, or the pickles with spaghetti). I think we should be at least moderately prepared to open on Friday. (Cathy made special non-meat sauce just for me...awwww.)
So Friday after rehearsal, we headed over to Bill & Tracy's for pizza (I won - no McDonald's!) and X-Box. Kyle, Nick, and I became immediately obsessed with the game Burnout 2...so much so that we finally left, bleary-eyed and hoarse from screaming, at 4:00 a.m. I got up at 2:30 in the AFTERNOON when Jason finally woke me with takeout from our favourite Thai place (isn't he the BEST??), and skipping over "good morning" or "afternoon", I leapt out of bed and demanded that he buy Burnout 3 and invite some friends over. Saturday's rehearsal was at 5:00, and Bill announced that he had rented Burnout 3, so we nervously twitched through rehearsal and bolted for their apartment again. My passenger side window got stuck in the down position - I almost left when I got there and discovered that, but Kyle walked me back out to my car and fixed it by asking "Is the window locked?"...so yeah, I'm an idiot. And there we were again with the pizza, only this time Nick, Sarah, and I left at about 3:30 a.m., but Kyle hung around until a little after 5:00. Jason had indeed bought the game and had a friend over the night before, and when I woke up Sunday, I kicked him off the X-Box, which he had already staked out, and played until it was time to leave for noon rehearsal. Then I played again when I got home. I feel like a junkie. It's a really great game, though...
Exchange of the Day:
Tracy (to Bill): I thought you said my notes were A, D, D?
Kyle: No, he said you have ADD.
I think I'm anxious for Man of La Mancha rehearsals to start.
Ah, the 1940s Radio Hour cast for Bay Street Players was announced - looks like it's going to be a good show.
Sometimes I really miss my Picasso at the Lapin Agile cast. The Snoopy cast is pretty tight, and it just reminds me of how much we all enjoyed each other, and I hardly ever get to see any of them now. And because of all the rehearsing, I missed getting to see John's show at VCC, and that makes me very sad.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home