Thursday, October 21, 2004

There's a Fun Size Snickers in My Desk Drawer!


Isn't it wonderful how the right sudden noontime revelation can make all the difference in how the rest of your day plays out? Now, whenever my mind starts to wander, I can return to that "There's a Fun Size Snickers in my desk drawer!" and spend a few moments debating whether to eat it or save it.

You may note some changes to the links over there, which have been streamlined for my convenience, so I don't have to bounce all over the place following links from one blog to the next. Yay for links to blogs of random people with interesting lives!

By the way, if you're in the Clermont area and see a random cat wandering around, please yell "Nala!" and see if she responds. Brandon's beloved cat has run away while he was off at school, and his heart is breaking.

My happy today is being proud of people. I like the feeling it gives me to carry other people's accomplishments in my heart. My favourite is when I see J playing onstage with the band, when I get this feeling of warm pride and love that makes me feel all dizzy, but recently I also loved: hearing Kyle sing "The Impossible Dream" for the first time (Aldonza's going to be a tough role, because it's hard to look at that boy with anything but affection); Shawn singing "To Each His Dulcinea" (I love my Poodle); Eric showing up for auditions and getting a good role (I would have felt like such an ass if he'd not); Larry surprising me by ending up on the cast list of 1940s Radio Hour; and Tracey and Mike getting married (that was a biggie).

**Update: The Fun Size Snickers lost the fight at 2:43. Followed at 2:47 by a Fun Size PayDay. What can I say? I'm only human, and one with very little willpower.**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home