Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ready For Prime Time .... Finally

You know, I'm actually pretty impressed with SNL this season. They have some refreshingly decent new players, and with a few exceptions (Kristen Wiig is great, but the Target Lady is NOT FUNNY), I'd say it's on track to be one of the best casts they've put together in years. And I've got just the teeniest NerdCrush on Andy Samberg, the "New Jimmy Fallon" as he's being touted - though I'd expand that to the "New and Actually Funny, So Not-Really-Anything-Like-Jimmy-Fallon Jimmy Fallon". (Keepin' it shaggy.)

The best new addition? The SNL digital short. The recent Natalie Portman-hosted episode yielded one of my favourite SNL moments pretty much ever. Doesn't hurt that I just think Natalie Portman is the cutest little ridiculously-talented thing ever. Watch it quickly before the flack at SNL picks up on it - they have this whole crankypants trademark infringement issue with YouTube (fair enough), so stuff disappears a lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Almeida said...

I agree - TARGET LADY NOT FUNNY!
The three new guys who appeared out of nowhere this season are all WONDERFUL (yes, including shaggy cutie Adam). Amy Poehler rocks my world, as does Tina Fey. I don't think the writing this season has been quite as strong -- the shorts have been a breath of fresh air, though if that's the best part, why continue to be a live show?

4:54 PM  
Blogger David Almeida said...

also, if you can't get the video from the blog entry, try here.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The Natalie Portman episode was AMAZING!!!!! lol Her rap was the best! As well as the Jamba Juice Skit! They are totally like that too! lol MUAH!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home