Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ummm...So Mo's A Person, Then?

I got THE most gorgeous stuff from Knitpixie yesterday. (You'll see that link again right around my birthday.) One is a hank of Ozark Handspun mohair/wool blend that is so perfect I kind of want to just drape it on the wall. At $28 a skein, I could only afford one skein and have to find the perfect project for it. But see, here's the thing...it's weirding me out and whatever I make out of it I have to keep. (Which of course I was totally planning on doing anyway.) But why?

Well, because raw unspun mohair fibres are remarkably similar in look and texture to, ah, human hair. So remarkably similar, in fact, that I came really close to contacting the company and trying to delicately ask if they maybe accidentally spun some clippings from a barber shop into my wool. After doing some web searches and carefully examining some unspun mohair fibres, I think it's safe to say there's no human hair in my yarn. But if you dye mohair varying shades of blonde and brown, people are gonna think it's hair. Even when blended with some mossy-coloured wool.

So I can't give it away...because 1. I want it; and 2. no one would ever fully believe I didn't just knit them a cap out of human hair.

Although it gives me an idea...........yes, I think we can market this. Mo Hair. Ha. Ha ha.

(I know, I KNOW this is totally turning into a knitting blog. I know. And I promised it wouldn't happen. If it gets much worse, I promise I will start a second blog solely for knitting that you can all ignore. I will still force you to look at pictures of completed projects, but the stuff in between you can skip. But honestly, there's not much to talk about in my life right this minute other than knitting and that other thing that I don't wanna talk about. So knitting it is. Soon we'll be in the new house and I can blog about that all day long. Oh, and that will probably be sooner than we think, since we came home to our rental yesterday to find a For Sale sign out front. Yeah. Thanks for the warning. We were told he would probably sell the place and we didn't need to look for renters after all, but we were kind of expecting some sort of final decision. So we may be out of here sooner, if we can get our closing bumped up to maybe early April.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Yay A knitting blog - woot! woot! woot!
don't worry , if you don't end up spinning your own hair with the wool, you'll end up knitting it into the final product :)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home