Miscellaneous Superficial Ramblings
Colorado was great. We went dogsledding, which was a hoot, especially with Mom's rich and not-entirely-outdoorsy friend involved. We didn't ski, unfortunately - the weather was way too warm and the slopes were ice, not worth the $81 Vail lift tickets. And if you're ever around there, I think Beaver Creek is probably preferable to Vail. We didn't check that area out until the night before we left, but it was a charming little village...we both found ourselves pretty fond of Colorado....hmmm...
Not one single surprise in the Oscars for me - I had figured on Crash sneaking in there. But how 'bout those moments....I had a great time with my own inner monologue.
Jesus, that bow's trying to eat her face.
AND she has no sense of humour. Nice.
Uh-oh....he's tanking.
Hard.
No, you're NOT going to win Director. You're welcome. Putz.
Montage. Montage. Montage.
She has to stop with the bottle blonde. Red works. Stay with red.
They should have given Dolly an enormous Gospel choir.
She should terrify me, but I enjoy her too much.
Ah, Nicole Kidman 2 looks pretty damned scary - did she get caught in a grain thresher on the way here?
Did NO ONE bother with their hair tonight? Are the hairstylists on strike?
Oooh, Michelle Williams - bet no one ever expected to find themselves thinking she was too pretty for him...
Hee hee....acting while pretty. Cute.
Ben Stiller is a silly bitch.
This must be The Year Of The Funny Oscar Ceremony.
Nice touch with the eyelashes.
Basically it boils down to this: Salma Hayek knows how to play up those boobies...Charlize Theron has a huge stick up her ass and that dress was horrifying...Fashion was overall good, hair was overall awful...Jennifer Garner is the cutest thing...the broadcast powers that be were obviously PRAYING Ryan Phillipe would start crying and Reese would forget to thank him...Hoffman's still a bit weird, eh?...A box office documentary will win every time...Jon Stewart probably won't be asked back, but he didn't crash and burn as bad as he could have...Post-pregnant is the new black...This is not the MTV Video awards, guys, we dress up here...When Jon Stewart ripped Russell Crowe and they cut to Nicole Kidman looking unamused, did you notice Keith Urban trying really hard not to laugh?
Ah, I lied - there was ONE surprise - what was that win for "Hard Out Here For A Pimp"? I don't get it. I really don't. What was that all about?
(Honestly, don't I have anything more important to worry about? Of course I do....that's why I'm blogging about this.)


2 Comments:
I agree with everything you say, even though I don't really understand about 90% of it.
liar, David...
you don't agree with Crash winning.
welcome back Travyson!
when are you free for game night?
Post a Comment
<< Home