Sunday, March 12, 2006

How I Spend My Weekends

So Thursday we picked up Grease at Theatre Downtown and Friday we saw Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at Moonlight Players (starring Travis' little sister Danielle in her first ever show!) Both were really good - Grease was a blast and held a lot of talent. I was more surprised by Brides, though. Not because I'd heard anything or had low expectations - I just didn't expect to like the show itself much. But the boys were SO CUTE, especially in their "Goin' Courtin'" dance number. And Danielle - awww! She plays a suitor (they had a guy drop and were really strapped) and with her painted on beard and her "Angry Travis" face (she's got a dead-on pissy Travis impersonation) she was really fun to watch. She also comes across even tougher than Travis does. AND I got a thanks in her bio! I'm so special.

Saturday Travis headed to Hardrock Motocross Park in Ocala. I stayed behind due to my lack of skills and need to get the house tidied and do some....

Fine, I wanted to knit, okay? It's a drug. I made two more yarn orders this week, one from Knitpicks and one from Knitpixie (one not to be confused with the other) and I'm concerned about my habit.

I finally finished Scrappy McFluffyNubby, that bag that was driving me nuts. I'd gotten to a 20-minutes-from-completion point about two weeks ago and just kind of set it aside, dreading the grafting that would need to be done on the strap...and for good reason. When I finished it, I realized that I had carefully grafted the strap...double-twisted. So I had to tear it out and start over. I'd post a picture of the finished product - it's cute - but I don't want the recipient to see it.

So what else have I been up to? Well I've been trying to turn this:

Eight Million Miles of Silk/Wool Blend
(That's about 900 meters of silk/wool blend)

Into this:

Mom's Shawl
A randomly-alternated garter/stocking shawl for Mom - simple and lightweight, maybe a Mother's Day giftie. It'll be a lot more shawl-like when it's done and blocked...the pain about it is as it gets longer and wider, I knit and knit and knit and seem to get nowhere. Bleh.

Then there's this:

My First Time
My First Sock Project. I'm knitting up a pair of delightfully soft merino wool socks for Travis (not a surprise, so I can share) using a pattern Kathleen gave me as the first pair she attempted. I'll provide the link someday when I'm at work (I don't have shortcuts on the iBook and I hate typing out html.) This also marks my first attempt doing anything with double-pointed needles. (Oh, and you can't really see the pattern, as I'm working them inside out for some reason.)

What's This One For?
Okay, 18 stitches on each of these three and then....what the hell am I supposed to do with this one?

I Get It!
I've got it, I've got it!!!

I Didn't Get It.
Son of a....I got a few rows in and realized I wasn't doing the pattern right. Decided to rip out and start over again....rrrrgggh.

So Far, So Good
Okay, now I got it...and you know, I don't think I actually WAS wrong that first time. I gotta learn to trust myself...

2 Comments:

Blogger David Almeida said...

I hope this doesn't escalate to the point that we need to do a knittervention.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Yay! Socks - I totally understand about the inside-out thing. You're not even doing anything wrong - it just flips around occasionally. Makes it that much more fun, he he.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home