Nazi Rhymes With Cupcake!
Cabaret was a wonderful experience. It's the first time I've seen the show itself, and I love that it entertains beginning to end and then leaves you with this horrible "Oh my God, am I really supposed to clap now?" feeling at the end.
The best (and worst) part was seeing all my friends onstage in front of me. I've performed with each of them, but never seen them onstage without me. (Well, that's not entirely true for Britt and Eric, but I didn't know them when I saw Forum, so that doesn't count.) So it was wonderful to get to watch them without worrying about my cues, but I miss the interaction.
So, surprise: Gerard plays piano. And sings at the same time, for God's sake. The guy just keeps getting sexier, I'm telling you. And he handed me some very happy news yesterday, and whee!!!
A lady was nice enough to swap seats so Travis and I could sit together since there weren't any two seats together by the time we got there. Although the show didn't start for about ten minutes after we got there, Terrance pointed out that we were late. (Nothing like making a good impression on Terrance...sigh.) So the lady sat behind us, and I spent most of the rest of the show worried that we were blocking her view - I couldn't see well for the guy in front of me and had to keep squirming around or leaning up against Travis. Not that watching us appear to cuddle for nearly three hours isn't just great, I'm sure.
Sarah's hot. Not that we didn't know that. But she is. A lot. Seriously.
The whole cast is very sexy and naughty...but you've also got Tracy and Gerard, who are just so plained adorable. Billy's take on the whole thing (the title of today's post) pretty much sums it up.
A couple of photos, and then I'm out - see the show, make your reservations!

I'm sorry, I just need to get this out of the way - this is the scarf-y thing I made for Britteny. It's my first ever completed project, so I'm fairly proud of it. (This photo is my tribute to Kathleen.)

I almost hate to ruin it, but there he is in all his ladylike glory! This is the only photo I took during the show, and Travis and I both made sure the flash was off. (There was a horrifying moment during The Rainmaker where I didn't realize that the flash had come back on...it was quite traumatizing.)

Eric, completely submerged in character. What? Cliff would totally sniff daisies.

Eric and Tracy, who can only manage to not look adorable when she's looking really sexy. Honestly, the woman never has an ugly day. First thing in the morning, rumpled hair, jammies - even then, you can't get a bad picture. And she has the perfect stomach. If I didn't love her so very much, I'd hate her a LOT.

Yeah, I know, Eric really committed to that whole daisy thing. He's like Wilson from Home Improvement. Add Britteny, another person completely incapable of a bad photo. Damn these people with their flawless skin and their lush hair...is it wrong that I'm so proud of how pretty all my friends are?
Anyways, great show, talented people (many of whom also appear to be terribly flexible...) Much fun to be had, so run along ... du Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret!
(And now, about those get-togethers....)


2 Comments:
re: your comments on my blog:
I find you infinitely interesting +1. You're funny and junk. Steven and I have our own bowling balls AND matching shoes because we're that dorky AND that gay. So we could totally do the Garden Cafe, and go ice skating, and go bowling...that would rock.
P.S.-I have officially added a link to your blog from mine.
The scarf is absolutely beautimous darling!!!!
You Go Girl!
p.s. when ya coming to visit???
Post a Comment
<< Home