Monday, June 27, 2005

Quid Pro Quo

Well, I had a largely uneventful weekend. The bright spot was Saturday night - I went to see You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (third time in a year, second time this month) at Studio Theatre downtown and was pleasantly surprised. I think I have a little crush on the guy who played Snoopy and the girl who played Lucy. (I wanted to hate Lucy so badly because she's playing Rizzo in Grease at Theatre Downtown, but you gotta know when you're beat.) I then got some time with my Oliver people at Bill and Tracy's house in Clermont for a few hours, which was wonderful.

I haven't seen Billy in about two weeks...I hadn't really thought about that much, but after seeing a day-brightening person mostly every day for about six months, that's a very sudden adjustment...

I'm happy today because Brian the dog in Family Guy drives a Prius! Sure, it's an animated show, but that was most definitely a Prius!

I'm also happy because I spent entirely too much money at Target, but I got some things I desperately needed - a few new dress shirts for work, a cute skirt, some white linen pants for July 4 (I like to buy holiday-specific attire,) and Supergirl underpants. Okay, I didn't NEED Supergirl underpants, but who doesn't want to feel that little extra bit of power? The best part, however, is that I bought all those clothes without trying them on, and they all fit perfectly! And they were from TARGET, so they were cheap! Cheap clothes that fit! Hurray for that!

Let's just keep going with the happies - I'm happy because Travis had a fantastic time at his family reunion this weekend.

And I'm happy because we're going for Mexican food and a zombie movie tonight.

And I'm happy because my vacation is coming up! I am also, however, stumped and desperately in need of help - we're going to be gone for four days, and I have two cats, a dog, and a house that need looking after. Why aren't any of my kids old enough to drive to the house or close enough to walk over and look after them for me? I need Danielle or Sean or Alex to be 16 so they can stay at the house. It's extremely difficult to find someone in my group who wants to be tied down...help!!

I'm rambling on, and all you want is your sign. Well, here ya go!

hitchhiker inmates

This is poorly worded. I am confused. Are the hitchhikers escaping FROM inmates, in which case I should pick them up right away because they're in grave danger, or are they inmates themselves, in which I should definitely just run over them and keep going?

Two further disturbing things about this sign - it appears to be riddled with bullets, first of all, and secondly...rather than erecting a sign, how about just, oh, I don't know - tightening up security??? If you have so many breakouts that it warrants a highway warning sign, I believe this may be a very serious problem.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Almeida said...

I love that sign!

I was just talking about that SNL sketch from the 80's with Ed Asner in which, just before going on vacation, he advises his staff at a nuclear power station: "You can't have too much water in a nuclear reactor tank." As soon as he leaves, the workers are perplexed as to whether his statement means it isn't possible for there to be too much water (as in water good) or if it means it is dangerous if the water levels get too high (as in water bad). The sketch ends with Asner on his vacation, at the beach being served a tropical drink. There is a blinding flash of light. He knows it is a nuclear explosion - whatever they did, it must have been wrong. His final word to the waitress before leaving: "You can't look too long at a nuclear explosion."

HILARIOUS!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home