Thursday, June 23, 2005

I Got Your Clever Title Right Here

I had no idea Anderson Cooper was Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

The Secret Service guard on the ninth floor called me over and said, "Hey, I just have to tell you...you really have great legs." Not being creepy or anything...that was lovely.

Rolling Hills Ford storytime: Service Manager announces repeatedly over the intercom for Matt to "Save the tires" off of an F250 that came in for new tires. Fed up, Matt finally got on the intercom and announced to the Service Manager (and the whole shop) that if the tires would not accept the Lord Jesus as their personal saviour, there was really nothing he could do about it. Priceless.

Larry R. sent me some pictures from our lunch the other day, and we're all so pretty, I just felt like I should share.

Alyson Aki

Me with one of my roommates from when I first moved to Orlando, Akison. He's up in New York at culinary school right now - just made Dean's List too, yay Aki! (And he gets bonus points from me for saying that I look "stunning.")

Amura Group

Aki, me, Larry, and Larry's (way hot) sister Jeanette. You may note that I've been working on my stance - I've very nearly perfected the hip-narrowing rotated-torso-one-foot-forward flattering pose.

Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for - the sign of the day!

006_stuff_4_sale

Stuff! Yes!! I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a store here and asked if they have any stuff, and gotten nothing but a bunch of questions. Finally, a proprietor who gets it.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Almeida said...

Love the stance - you go girl. I have been assuming that pose for years. To be as skinny as I am and still have child-bearing hips... nature is just so unkind. So I quickly learned how to rotate that pelvis.

When I'm gone, they'll look at the photos and say, "DAMN he had a great V-shape."

8:56 AM  
Blogger LuLu said...

well truth be told... you DO look stunning in that picture!

12:04 PM  
Blogger tm said...

I laughed out loud, HARD, at the tire story...that's my favorite story of the day.

"Look, Honey, they got 'stuff' and we just ran out of ours the other night...pull over! Let's get some more stuff!"

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home