It's Like Spiritual Spinach In Your Teeth
Joan of Arcadia has some of the best writing on television. Last night's episode had a bit in it that was so beautiful and appropriate and dead-on, I had to share it.
In response to her son’s question, “What do women want?”, Mary Steenburgen (after an initial knee-jerk response of, “Shoes,”) spoke these words:
"She wants to be respected, listened to, understood. She wants flowers. She wants to laugh. She wants to trust you. She doesn’t want to read your mind. She wants to be valued for who she is, and sometimes she wants you to just shut up and stop trying to fix things."
And I think that's about the sum of it. Of course there's always the equally true statement made by Bridget Fonda in Singles:
"Now I'd just settle for a man who says 'Bless you' when I sneeze."


1 Comments:
That was one of my favourite tests - to sneeze and see if the guy say "bless you" - separates the men from the losers, I say!!
Post a Comment
<< Home