Wednesday, March 16, 2005

We Demand Rigidly Defined Areas of Doubt And Uncertainty!

Today I'm happy because I pulled The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy off the shelf to loan it to a friend, and discovered a bunch of lines I had underlined as being particularly amusing...which led me to decide that I really needed to read it again. I'll have it finished in time to loan it out as promised. What a great book.

What is Blogger's freaking problem?? Last night when I went to bed, my blog looked great. This morning, I have too many copies of the same post, my template is all effed up, and I couldn't log in for four hours, nor could I comment on Marcie's post, which I really wanted to do. (To that end, Marcie: I forgot Domino was your Ragdoll. Roo is the same exact way - follows me all over, has conversations with me, poses for photos in that same "Yeah, I know I look good" way, and always seemed to prefer me to Jason. Ladies' Man - must be a Ragdoll thing.)

My face hurts real bad! (If you heard Napoleon saying that in your head when you read it, you get a gold star.) I don't know if it's the rain or what, but it's killing me. Perhaps it's just the numbness beginning to wear off and revealing the pain that has been lying beneath - but I hope that's it. You know how sometimes people with old injuries or surgeries always get pain when it rains or the weather gets cruddy? I really don't want to deal with stabbing pains in my face when it rains.

Moving on...

Good Things
My newly discovered Harney & Sons tea - particularly the Hot Cinnamon Sunset - yum!!
Nip/Tuck - I love catching up on old episodes. However, I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to buy that Famke Janssen could ever have been a man - she's just too hot - I'm sorry, no man would ever be pretty enough to convert to Famke
Hot packs - set the microwave for one minute, toss in a damp washcloth for 50 seconds and a dry one for the remaining ten - wrap the damp one in the dry one and apply - ahh, lovely facial ouchie relief
My new Myspace account - while wandering around, I found a friend from high school I haven't talked to in ages
The scent of my new Aveda Shampure shampoo and conditioner - the smell of my own hair makes me happy

I have follow-up appointment with the surgeon today - if he'll take this stupid plastic splint out of my mouth, I promise to continue on my liquid diet. There is just WAY too much going on in my face right now, and I want this thing out of my mouth. Like Jason said, it's like being stuck in a boxer's mouthguard. Yuck yuck yuck!!

Ah, that reminds me - please send warm fuzzies Jason's way - he's a little banged up from an accident on Sunday.

I'm going to be instituting a Poker Night and a Movie Night very shortly. My house requires more visitors, and I think these are things we must do. Details coming soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home