Sunday, March 13, 2005

Are You My Caucasian?

I love Larry David. I recently polished off the third season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Good times.

I just deleted my long post about last night's show at The Social. Let's do the short version instead: Real Love Diplomats played well, of course, and I made what could have been a decent situation horribly awkward and then recovered as best I could. I got to see pretty much everyone, including Phillip, Jason's best friend, and it was okay - well, it was great seeing everyone, but that feeling of being on the outside looking in on what was my life for two years, that was actually pretty hard. I watched Jason play, which was always my favourite thing to do involving him and still is. I realized that I missed having him as my friend, and I plan to work on that, if I can. That's the sum of it. It was a difficult night, sort of, but good things came out of it.

I have things I need to think about. A lot of relationships I should work on, and a lot of time I need to spend looking inward and being honest, evaluating where I am, what I'm doing, where to go from here. I'm finding myself in self-induced drama from time to time, and I was supposed to be working on that.

It's another beautiful day, but I'm feeling kind of languid. I don't want to watch TV, don't want to read, don't want to go outside, don't want to stay in - tried taking a nap, but that didn't work out either. Something's bothering me - I could think about what it is, but it might end up being something upsetting, and who wants to be upset on a day like today?

Sungay Brunch seemed to lose its focus this week, but at least it was a low-pressure introduction to the event. Now maybe I can go back next weekend feeling a little more relaxed. And this way I got to catch up with Luerne, which was lovely.

I must go make something of this day - a full 40-hour work week is coming, and I need to perk up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home