There's No Joy In Grey
Enough already....I need just one little ray of light. My current good mood may not be sustainable in this sort of weather. Rumour is it clears up by noon. We shall see.
I have a bunch of little happies - I got an email from McKenzi (yay!); I got my pictures back from La Mancha; I got to see Sarah (it had been a few weeks!!); my Martha Stewart Living magazine came yesterday and the cover features a huge basket of daffodils; and The Book (Neiman Marcus' catalog/style magazine) arrived bearing a cover featuring blue irises. It's nice to have my mailbox bursting with my favourite flowers, instead of bills...
My stomach is melting rapidly - my bowl of oatmeal was too much food and I'm feeling stuffed.
I got chastised for showing my midriff at work. Honestly, I'm not trying to, but my pants keep falling down. Can't buy new pants - I've already lost 13 pounds and I'm only halfway through this process, so I'm bound to get smaller. I probably should not have bought the one pair of jeans I bought last week. My belts are all equally too large and useless, and I can't really buy new belts for the same reason I can't buy new pants. So I have to walk around work tugging at my pants all day so I don't get yelled at or sent home. I used to use a man's tie as a funky belt, but...well, the ties moved out.
I love that Lynne was so happy about a Travis hug. A Travis hug is a very good thing. (Too bad my initial greeting was a light smack on the back of the head followed by a hug - we've moved beyond the simple hug hello. It's good to start new traditions.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home