Friday, February 04, 2005

Brunch: It's Breakfast with Booze!


Title nipped from Sunday's episode of The Simpsons; that line made me laugh really hard for some reason.

I got very little today, but my OCD morning routine states I must blog about something.

I'm getting used to this single life thing very quickly - made myself some dinner, watched TV, sat online, talked on the phone...like being a teenager, but with way more bills and slightly less homework.

I say slightly because I was assigned the task of reviewing a paper for a seventh grader; specifically, reviewing the corrections made by the student's teacher. Travis knows I'm a grammar whore and brought me the paper because he thought the kid's grade was unfair. I tore her apart - and made a note to myself once again to homeschool my kids. (For the record, the grade was pretty fair, but she corrected some stuff that wasn't even wrong, and didn't correct other things that were very wrong. Since when is it acceptable to use first person in MLA-style research papers??)

Jessi's coming today! Wheee!!!!! Jimmy too, and sometimes he doesn't get to come along, so double-whee!!!

I hate those "Is that...no...wait, yeah...I'll just walk over...but then what if it's not and then I'm going to look really stupid..." moments. By the time you figure out whether or not it's the person you thought it was, it's become way too awkward to do anything about it. So hey, good seeing you...

Some of the best words in the English language: "I have a present for you." It doesn't matter if it's followed by explanations that it's not anything big, nothing special; it's still so thrilling to think that someone made something with you specifically in mind.

Apparently Petro's review came out - but it's not in the online edition of The Villages paper. All I know so far is that he said we're a "must-see" show. But I need more! Must-see because we're so embarassingly bad that we're entertaining? (Yeah right, you know we rock hard.) Still, I require more information...gonna see if they'll fax me a copy.

I feel I should provide some information that will enlighten and broaden your mind.

Patron Saints:
Bee Keepers: St. Ambrose
Gravediggers: St. Anthony
Singers: St. Cecilia
Syphilitics: St. George

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Yeah. I hate those "Is that...no...wait, yeah I know her...wait...is it? I can't tell. Maybe...what was her name?" moments too. You know what else I hate..when new papers don't update their websites. That's really annoying. You know what I love though...reading your blog..and getting to be in a show tonight. Good times.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home