The Only Thing Better Than Movies With Friends...
Yep, yesterday was a good day. Hide and Seek - not a good movie. Not a bad movie - not a good movie. A movie. Dakota Fanning totally kicks my ass (and DeNiro's, too, which has to be a little unsettling for him), but other than that...I really need to start seeing good movies again. I miss them.
I listened to a lot of Prince last night - I love that man. You have to have respect for a brilliant musician (he plays like 27 instruments, did you know that?) whose sole purpose in musicmaking seems to be to encourage people to get naked.
And this morning I woke up today to the lyric, "I'll stop the world and melt with you," which is a lovely lyric to wake up to. Much better than yesterday, when I woke up to Hootie. Ugh.
Today I am happy because Jessi and Jimmy are coming up to see the show Friday - it'll be a brief visit, but it's a visit all the same!
I continue to feel cheerful as hell this morning, despite the fact that I have been unceremoniously dumped yet AGAIN. Through complete fault of my own, Billy McCoy has announced he no longer has any intention of seeing movies with me. (Just so you know, going to the movies with Billy McCoy is one of my favourite things.) I have a horrible rotten annoying tendency to talk through movies that are not enjoyable to me. And I've seen little other than bad movies lately. I believe Eric may be in agreement with Billy, but to be fair, they dumped Travis too. (To be more fair, during the movie, Travis and I actually started having a conversation about the recent Ford recall. And he was a little tipsy, which is always a distraction to everyone within 500 yards of him.)
I really think that my talkiness during movies and TV has to do with being an only child. I probably entertained myself as a child by watching TV, talking to the characters, analyzing things out loud to myself. And Travis' sister is nine years younger, so he's practically an only child too...maybe only children or children who were raised without siblings at a young age are more inclined to talk to themselves or to inanimate objects like projection screens. I'm quite sure I chatter to myself more than the average person, considering that I used to and now once again am alone the majority of the time that I'm at home. Guess I could work on turning it off when I'm not alone. Again, this sibling theory would make for another interesting study. It's probably been done - maybe I'll do some Googling and see what I turn up. In any event, I don't feel I should be held responsible for my lack of siblings, over which I have no control, and I strongly believe I should be given another chance to prove myself...but at a movie that doesn't suck.
And come to think of it, from all the "And then he said"s that were going on after the movie, I have to assume Eric talked a lot too. Why do I get all the blame? (sniffle)


1 Comments:
You wanted a comment. Here's a comment. YOU ARE AWESOME!
Post a Comment
<< Home