Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'd Yawn, But I'm Kind Of Tired


Just when I thought I had it all covered...every part of my body that isn't bruised is still filled with yoga soreness. And tonight, I got a big ouchie bruise on the back of my right hand. I don't have any idea how I did that - I didn't know it was even possible to bruise one's own hand. I have the disgusting "oooh, that's not at all pretty" Permabruise on my left hip, the ever-expanding collection of creepy bruises on my knees and arms, the pinky toenail that came dangerously close to being ripped off by a pair of Chuck Taylors, the self-inflicted scratch wounds on my chest (I am nothing if not a dedicated actor - I wanted to really look like I'd been attacked, you see...)

And yet I'm having SO MUCH FUN!!!

Miscellany:

Lynne (producer) told me that something changed and the first two words of the "Dulcinea" reprise made her cry tonight.

The Muleteers, led once again by Eric and Travis but finally doing their best to follow suit, pawed and groped me mercilessly throughout the show, and showed marked improvement during "Little Bird" - and I couldn't be happier.

Travis continues to surprise us with new and creative entrances - tonight he attempted to skip right over "Impossible Dream" - right, 'cause who needs it?

The Triumverate (that's me, Kyle, and Billy) is as strong as it could be - I love the three of us. Like, gooey sloppy love. The kind people roll their eyes at.

I'd forgotten about Sarah's thing with feet. She cracks me up - I love her.

Listening to ridiculously loud angry music (Fear Factory, Static X, Skindred, Rammstein) on the iPod is really helping me get in that pissed mode for the show.

I am a role model. I neglect to remember most of the time that there are impressionable youths in this show, and some of them, for one reason or another, may even like or look up to me, just like when I was a youth in theatre. McKenzi wrote "Alyson Rocks!" on our grafitti board backstage. I've never really even spoken to her much, but she's such a great girl, and just stunningly beautiful - and she thinks I rock. How special does that make me feel?!

Kyle and I are now completely capable of staying in character and not cracking each other up on stage. Travis and I, however, are not. Sigh. It's always someone.

Kissing someone on the nose is the perfect way to win a staring contest.

Today I'm happy because I got an email from Mikey (the Real Love Diplomats one). I sent out my self-aggrandizing "Come see my show" email, and he responded. Nevermind whether or not he can make it out to see it - just the fact that he spoke to me - I haven't heard from anyone other than Jade since the breakup because I haven't made it to a social event or concert yet since, and it makes me hurt in all sorts of places to think that I might have just lost six wonderful people. But as long as J and I are okay, I think everyone's okay. I just won't get to see them as much. Seeing that "LLL" (LoveLoveLove) at the end of the email, though - that will be enough to carry me along.

In other good news - Nola (supervisor) took a good look at me while I was in her office today and said, "You're losing a lot of weight." It's not a promotion (yet), but I'll take it.

(And there are no updates on that - everyone at work is near seizure, but we have received no news, or at least not to my knowledge.)

1 Comments:

Blogger gigi said...

I'll have to try that nose-kissing tactic! I ALWAYS lose staring contests. :)

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home