Well, I Said An Umbrella And A Donkey...
Oh Dear God.
Well, we opened.
So that's out of the way.
This is why the day after opening is my favourite day of the year. Because if it's good, it's a great day. And if it's bad, at least it's over.
Act One: We botched "Clouds". It was pretty bad. Some people didn't notice. The rest of act one was great - "Edgar Allan Poe" got a HUGE cheer.
Act Two: We botched "When Do The Good Things Start". Badly. So badly that I kicked myself for not telling the audience we were starting over and walking off stage. EVERYBODY noticed that one. I start the song, and I couldn't find my cue, so once I figured I had it, I started, but couldn't figure out why it sounded so wrong. Turns out Bill had started playing a completely different song, but I hadn't noticed. (What's wrong with me??) Ben walks out, drops all his lines...I mean it was horrifying. We recovered, and the rest of the act was great. But we really lost the audience there - and a lady from work was there - she seemed a little embarassed for me, but maybe I'm overreacting. Bill was kicking himself for a little while, but he seemed fine by the time the show was over, and the audience loved him, if the applause was any indication. His incidentals are fantastic - the audience lost it when Charlie Brown started talking about the stars and Bill popped in with the E.T. theme.
After the show, most of the cast scattered to the four winds, possibly to go home and cry, but I went with Sarah, her brother, and some friends to see The Grudge, along with Travis. That was the FREAKIEST movie. It's one of those that you have to see in a crowded theatre - on video at noon, it would be so bad you'd shut it off, I'm sure, but last night, I didn't even want to drive home because J was in Jacksonville and I was a little afraid to be home alone. Travis stayed on the phone with me until 3:00 a.m. until I felt ready to turn off a few lights and relax.
So, that's over. Tonight's gotta be better...can't get much worse. As an actor, I have to learn to make a much faster recovery. I have quick wit, but my coverage skills aren't so good.


1 Comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I still heard the show was great. An anonymous audience member even told me that they enjoyed it more then Man of La Mancha from the other night...so that's gotta be saying something. Could this maybe be viewed at the final dress rehersal? So that it means you'll have an awesome run? Either way I'm so excited to see it--I'll be there next weekend! Break a leg! Wow, this is a really long comment. =]
Post a Comment
<< Home