Tuesday, October 05, 2004

But I Am Me, I Am Aldonza!


Yay, I got the part of Aldonza! Thus breaking the "If You Want It, You Will Fail" streak. Luerne was nice enough to be too busy to come to auditions, and Sarah scared the crap out of me - she auditioned really well. I have no idea what she got yet, but I'm assuming Antonia. For the first time, a director asked me about the braces and when they were coming off - for a minute I thought she was going to take the part back. I get it, though - they didn't have orthodontic appliances during the Inquisition. I don't yet know who my Quixote is, but I'm hoping it went the way I really want it to. I won't say more than that...but Nathan sang "The Impossible Dream", and then Kyle went up and threw down and, well...that's my boy right there.

Eric showed for auditions, stunning most everyone, including me, and was cast in the more-than-sufficient role of Padre, so huzzah for that.

J and I watched Super Size Me this weekend - that film should be required viewing for all Americans. Horrifying. I hadn't given the school lunch program a whole lot of thought in the "how should we educate our children" talks J and I have periodically, but now I'm pretty sure I'm down with homeschooling.

The Exchange of the Day is more of a secondhand theatrical anecdote of the day: "So I said to her, look, your son just died, so you should be sad now, and she says 'So? I mean, I have five other kids,' and I'm all 'What?! They're CHILDREN - they're not candy bars!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home